The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

GSX_TC

Well the Alternator is all wired up now too =D BIG thanks for Mike @ FIST for doing the welding and Rob Patterson for putting it all together and wiring it up.

20130305_165532_zps9f028fa2.jpg

LIV4PSI

Looking good Mike! What welding was involved with the alternator? Or are you referring to the BullFab bars

GSX_TC

Thanks man, i was referring to the welding that Mike did on the crossmember haha.

GSX_TC

Got my new GalantVR4.org Tshirt!! =D it has my badge number on it now.

IMG_5089_zps4b17ec18.jpg

GSX_TC

From Diego.

Just got word that my crank and bearings are fucked up in the motor, and it ruined the front main seal again after seconds of being ran too, looks like Samara won't be running anytime soon, and the motor and crank will need to come out, this sucks, and I am soo f***ing pissed off! I just cant get a break FML..

fuel

wtf? what caused that?

5OF2k

Quoting GSX_TC:
From Diego.

Just got word that my crank and bearings are fucked up in the motor, and it ruined the front main seal again after seconds of being ran too, looks like Samara won't be running anytime soon, and the motor and crank will need to come out, this sucks, and I am soo f***ing pissed off! I just cant get a break FML..

Waaaiiit a minute, did i miss something? I thought this was your DD? What happened to it? Tell me Samara doesnt need a heart transplant..... She's so young!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been contemplating picking up a few #stamp shirts from Diego too, not 100% on that though. $ is tight trying to get the T67 setup squared away. Good to see a finished version though!

-Jake

GSX_TC

i dont know =( im thinking it happened whrn the front main seal blew out and the damage was caused by oil starvation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif life sucks right about now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

MellowVR4

Quoting GSX_TC:
i dont know =( im thinking it happened whrn the front main seal blew out and the damage was caused by oil starvation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif life sucks right about now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Dont feel bad, i just had to spend money AGAIN on my transmission that i had rebuild last year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif, Basically a new rebuild, but man oh man i feel your pain. Hope to see you at shootout stil.

turbowop

Quoting GSX_TC:
i dont know =( im thinking it happened whrn the front main seal blew out and the damage was caused by oil starvation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

That's not really possible unless you allowed all the oil to leak out before topping it up. You won't lose oil pressure due to a bad seal.

GSX_TC

Here is what my friend Rob said, he's the one who has the car right now.

"Robert wrote: "Ill answer some of these questions. Originally the car came to me for a leak in the timing cover. Checked it out and it was the main seal. In 15 years of working on dsms I have never seen a fms in that condition. There was no rubber just the metal ring. The timing belt was shredded from the timing plate being folded over. Something was dropped in the timing belt to fold the timing plate. There was belt shred all in the seal. So naturally thats what I assumed took out his seal. Anyways i replaced everything. Went to start it and couldn't get any fuel. Prolly tried to start it for 2+ minutes. Pulled return line and nothing. Gave Mike a call asking about the condition of the pump. Said it was fairly new so after messing with the car some more I realized I wasn't getting the mpi relay click. Investigated under the dash to see it was disconnected. Plugged it in and the car started. Anyways when I was trying to start the car originally I could hear a thud everytime the motor spun over. After about 20-30 sec of cranking it seemed to go away. At that point I was pretty nervous but had hope since it seemed to go away. Well when it actually started the noise came back. I imeadeatly looked at the lower timing side to see the balancer. It looked to have a wobble to it like a bent rim would. Within 5 sec it already started pouring oil out the timing cover like I was pouring it from an oil can. Already ate the new seal I'm assuming. So today I will investigate some more. But it looked like a bent crank. Not likely. So I'm assuming bearing"

MellowVR4

Very odd

LIV4PSI

Sucks to hear about the engine man. Good luck, I know you won't give up.

GSX_TC

Thanks man, yeah when stuff breaks I try to see it as a reason to upgrade, so I'll be getting some goodies like a kiggly girdle , HLA pressure regulator, maybe some billet mains, and might as well get one of those nice moroso oil pans too.

turbofonz

Do you still have the original engine? in working order?

GSX_TC

Quoting turbowop:
Didn't that engine come out of one of your other cars? Who built it?

That engine wasn't in any car, it was built like 8 years ago and it's always just been sitting in a showroom, it was built by FIST racing.

Quoting turbofonz:
Do you still have the original engine? in working order?

Original motor that was in there is just sitting in a shop right now, it was on it's last leg, it consumed alot of oil. That motor will eventually get taken apart and rebuilt with all new stuff.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned