The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Software upgrade complete - password resets required to login

Ludachris

Administrator
So the software upgrade was completed yesterday, and the forum is now moved to the new server. In order to minimize the loss of posts I went ahead and made the new site live without doing too much Q&A work. That means you'll likely come across some bugs. Please do reply here and share any bugs you come across.

Known bugs/issues:

- passwords were not copied over... to log in after the software change, everyone will need to reset their password
- if you cannot reset your password due to an old email account on file here, register a new user account and PM me afterwards and I'll merge the two accounts (in your PM to me, include your old username and the email address that was used to register that account).
- birth dates are all jacked up. Update your birthday in Account Details
- old internal forum links not forwarding to the new thread URLs (fixed)
- posts that were submitted between 11/6 and yesterday are missing... this was expected.
- broken images... img.php links for images not working yet (fixed)
- homepage still pointing to old forum link (fixed)

Reply here with more issues so I can add them to the list.

I have a LOT of work to do still, with regards to the look and layout, and much of the functionality. Please be patient.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Sent you a pm, or maybe it's a conversation? ;)

Ludachris

Administrator
Sent you a pm, or maybe it's a conversation? ;)
Ah yes, sorry, Private Messages = Conversations in this new software, though I could go through and change all the phrases to PM again like I did on DSMtuners.

GSX_TC

Done and done. Thanks for the heads up Chris.

lowcashleblanc

This looks great! Thank you Chris.

Maybe we can test changing my screen name for science? ;) you know to check for bugs in that process.

twicks69

Thank you Chris! I'll have to jump on this one from time to time as well!

TMZ

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Yes Tim, there is still some good stuff going on here on occasion.

Ludachris

Administrator
Imported some of the technical pages from the old site under the Resources section in the main site navigation:

1636672650209.png

Just FYI. Have more pages to import still.

DR1665

QQ: Do you want post reply notifications coming from your personal DSMt email?
If you do, as part of a more personalized user experience, I think that's a solid play. But if not, you might want to know it's happening.

Ludachris

Administrator
QQ: Do you want post reply notifications coming from your personal DSMt email?
If you do, as part of a more personalized user experience, I think that's a solid play. But if not, you might want to know it's happening.
Yeah, I'm wrestling with the email settings right now... I found that the contact form submissions are not making it through. I changed that setting you're referring to as well.

Leon_R

Chris, my login here hasn’t worked in years, thanks for resetting it!

JNR

Is there a way to fix the main screen link (from galantvr4.org) to go to the forums when clicked, or after x amount of time...like it used to? Was working OK after the change, although did go to a 'home' page vs. the forums. Now though, it doesn't do anything except reference itself.

Ludachris

Administrator
Is there a way to fix the main screen link (from galantvr4.org) to go to the forums when clicked, or after x amount of time...like it used to? Was working OK after the change, although did go to a 'home' page vs. the forums. Now though, it doesn't do anything except reference itself.
The homepage will be a collection of the latest threads, most read threads, and other important links and content. To get to the forums index page (the page that has the links of forums and subforums) just click the Forums link in the main navigation. You can bookmark the forums index page if that's the page you want to go directly to when you load the site: https://www.galantvr4.org/forums/

JNR

The homepage will be a collection of the latest threads, most read threads, and other important links and content. To get to the forums index page (the page that has the links of forums and subforums) just click the Forums link in the main navigation. You can bookmark the forums index page if that's the page you want to go directly to when you load the site: https://www.galantvr4.org/forums/

I see, so will it be that homepage if you were to type "galantvr4.org" instead of the picture? That would probably be good and one less 'step' for the end user.

My current bookmark on my start page is old so will need to update, to what I've been typing (as you mentioned) for the .../forums

Ludachris

Administrator
so will it be that homepage if you were to type "galantvr4.org" instead of the picture?
Exactly. The main domain will no longer just be a random GVR-4 photo, it will be more of a traditional homepage for the site, with references to new content, important content, featured content, etc. Many of the regulars may want to see that page, but it's really more for the newer users of the site, to give them a quick snapshot of what the site has to offer.

Personally, I have this page bookmarked so I can quickly see all of the latest posts/activity:

slugsgomoo

so... what's up with the "birthday" value in the profile? Mine isn't my joined date, or my real birthday, it appears to just be a random date? The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure it was correct before because I have definitely gotten the forum birthday message spam before:roflwtf:

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings