The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#674 Build

Dialcaliper

The only thing that's different is the bracket that attaches to the block. The front and rear Avid mounts are only the part that bolts to the subframe. And only the front mount is different between 1G AWD's and the VR-4. They'll work fine as long as you use the correct front bracket. I guess it doesn't matter since you have a manual rack, but you would have needed a 2G PS pump.

Also, I dig the clearances written on the girdle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice crank.

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
the 1G rear and front mounts are different than the Vr4's.

Terrance362

how is everything coming. I want to hear how the crank performs......And of you don't mind how about an update /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vapid

I haven't been able to get much done this past week or so. I have more pics I can post though.
I'm also kind of stuck on where to mount the external pump. If anyone has any solutions on mounting an inline pump (not in the trunk, and preferably inside the frame rails), I'm open to suggestions.

Terrance362

how is everything I am in the process of getting that same crank and rod setup. let me know.....update pls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

vapid

Its been along time since I updated this. Not too much has changed, its been cold, and I've been lazy.
I've got the front subframe and suspension/brakes in, along with running the fuel lines up to the filter and FPR. I'm waiting till next week or so to mount the rear subframe and drop in the engine. Thats when my bolt-in fuel cell should be done. If anyone is interested I'll take pictures of it when its done.

Last edited:

vapid

I forgot about this thread for a while.
I haven't had much motivation to work on the car, so it's been pretty slow going. The car is currently at my friend's shop (painted the bumpers and trunk), but should be up and running in the next month or so. I really only have to do the IC piping and a few other small things, and she'll be done.

Here's a couple of pics of things to come. I'll take some more when I get back to it on Tues.

vapid

The pictures didn't come out very well, and unfortunately I didn't have much time to take better ones. But I said I'd post some pics, so here they are.

note: The rusty/horribly welded carrier bearing bolt is going to be removed and poly exhaust hanger bushings going in tomorrow. Also, Fram filter is just for the initial start up, OEM goes in after that.

Last edited:

vapid

Here's some Stoptech comparison pics.

This is shaping up to be one of the hottest Galants around and the best looking black one I have seen.

vapid

^^^ Got them from Larry.

Quoting crankwalk:
This is shaping up to be one of the hottest Galants around and the best looking black one I have seen.

Thanks!

Ralli380Gvr4

Can anyone say Baller' Status /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Can't wait to see it all finished and buttoned up.

2of9

wow. that gvr4 of yours looks insanely clean and well built. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Boostdtalon

damn thats amazing! I hope that 192 comes out looking close to that nice. I'd love to see more pics of the car. Did you have to do anything to the car to fit the 255's? I know 245's is possible with coilovers and at least a 38 offset.

Bonezilla

What did you do with those D2's...still have them?...wanna sell?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned