The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

416/2000 offical build thread !!!!!!!now with pics!!!!!!!

THEKID

thanks to the rain i can now do some work on the galant. otherwise tis the season and im stuck going to car shows and cruise nights.

so the latest updates include some work on getting ready to mount the rear seats so far this is what i got on that subject.

and i assembled the turbo bolted it all together jet hot 2000 hot side and a signal green compressor housing on the bep 50 trim.

fivestardsm

So...You gonna nick name this the "HULK" build?

Looks good!

THEKID

na i keep telling people that with today's economy and all this hybrid car stuff going on i am building a Eco friendly car.

cause i am going green!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

THEKID

so i got the sub frames back and pressed in the bushings they look sweet. if i do say so myself!!!

and with the bushings

NateCrisman

Man, I thought I was going nuts with the POR15 treatment on subframes and suspension, but you sir take the cake. Powdercoating on all those things must have cost you a fortune!

Can't wait to see this thing all assembled.

THEKID

i am going to be doing the por15 treatment on the underside of the car some time this week. and the powder coating cost more than paint but its worth it. joe over at jnz finishing is the man when it comes to powder coating. he takes good care of all his customers and their parts.

THEKID

so i haven't posted any up dates lately . so here is whats new.

started stripping the engine bay to prep for paint

mocked up the amg sides and wing

and here is a pic of the rear cross member Assembly before i stripped it and joe staub powder coated it for me

other than that i have been doing a lot of wiring i took the fuse box that was under the hood and relocated it under the dash. and the only wires from that harness that will go out to the front of the car are the lights, started, and power from the battery.

also working on the motor the head is assembled valves,seals,springs,retainers all done with a 5 angle valve job and some port work and beed blasted so it looks nice and clean.

Last edited:

steve

Nice meeting you today, thanks for letting us chill for awhile. Car is going to be done RIGHT, when its finally done.

turbowop

That's a lot of different shades of green. Just having that much green stuff isn't really my thing, but if they at least matched it might not be so weird. What are you going to do when the green crossmembers and underneath stuff get dirty from regular use? I keep my car pretty damn clean, but even the underneath gets dirty after just a little bit of driving, which is why I powdercoated all my stuff black.

THEKID

the car will be cleaned after i drive it. its not as bad as some of my other cars when i built my acura everything was white. and i kept that car spotless.

THEKID

so over the past few days i have been using aircraft paint remover. this stuff is awesome stripped the paint body filler and everything down to the bare metal. i got the whole passenger side stripped down. i will post pics up tomorrow.

gmp

yeah that stuff is great i use it on so many projects,makes all that sanding a waste of time just a dab of that mess and away she go's snap+crackle+and pop n'

THEKID

so Ive been working on some other projects and tomorrow its back on the galant. going to work some on the motor my pistons just came back from calico coatings on saturday. i had the tops ceramic coated to help with withstand the heat. i will post some pics tomorrow of the progress as i have finished mocking up the amg wing.

THEKID

so its been a while ive been so busy with so many other projects i haven't had time to play at all. so here is some updated pics.

stripped body shots

the amg wing and carbon trunk

and the track arms with the adjustable joints all welded in now i got to have joe do some touch up

got some other things done but not too much i will do more updates with more pics ass soon as i can.

THEKID

so the latest update is the modified water pump removed the pulley and impeller plugged the hole and i will be running a inline electric pump. that's rite for those of you keeping track there will be no ac i am using an electric power steering pump and now a electric water pump. that means the only belt driven drag on the motor is the 150 amp alternator which will be relocated with a jay racing kit. now for the pics.

GolfBall

man thats gettin extreme but hell i would be interested to see how well it works out....

less drag on the crank the better but seems like a lot of work for very little if any gain? i dont know....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned