The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 Project #1 - Rally cross - 1389/2000

TurboTurtle

Haven't touched this thing in a while due to lack of funds and time but in the next coming week ill be picking up where i left off (cleaning out the garage of crap around the car today!)

Previous owners, Text me 518.469.8663 if you guys come back on here. would love to chat with you guys about this deathcar lol

TurboTurtle

Quoting amsrn13:
I bought the car and had the clutch installed and fixed the broken exhaust studs and added the turbo setup with the Brody pipes. Jesus I'd like to know how many people owned this car after me. I think I sold it in 06-07

From what i can gather:

Me 11/2012 - present
My friend mark 5/11 - 11/12
My friend nick im guessing 2/11 - 5/11
Then Tom garcia
then some guy
another guy
YOU

Im in the process of trying to get a carfax for it. I want to see the real number of PO's lol

TurboTurtle

Well had a buddy quickly put in the VIN to carfax a couple weeks ago.

It has 186k now and im the 13th registered owner...... Ya.. lucky number 13 lol

PLOT THICKENS:
Just bought a parts VR4. #1388 (yes 1 below me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Read about it here

TurboTurtle

PICTURE DUMP OF PROGRESS!!

Non Abs prop valve with new lines i bent

BEFORE

AFTER

My 5 minute heat shield lol

Throwing on the ACT Flywheel

Rebuilding the 16G

Not sure who thought this crap was ok.

1388/2000 aka New parts car

Alot more on its way!

Last edited by a moderator:

desant78

He quick question, I might have missed it, but what HG did you use?

thanks and keep up the fantastic work!

TurboTurtle

Oem. I'm sponsered by the Mitsubishi dealer in town for scca (found out I'm related to the family who owns it also = Free parts!) I had a Oem in my gst laser and it held 25psi from a 3071r so I sure this will work with 22 psi on a b16g

TurboTurtle

Quick update to this thread.

Its now running great! Blew up the Big16g after 1000 miles then i bent a ton of valves LOL, but i had a Billet 20g i had built for it anyways. I lost a ton of pictures on a phone i smashed the screen on so heres some update pics.

Heres what 28psi + 16G + Launch + Running rich does

I rebuilt the head with SuperTech everything, HKS 272 Cams. So far so good!

Injector wires.... only harness i didnt fix. In the process of making my own now.

Recent pics and EVOM Meet in Harriman NY.

img.php

img.php

Now: Rebuilding the whole rear end. 4 Bolt LSD, got new bearing and seals, por15, etc

Ill post more soon!

TurboTurtle

Got some stuff done today, Old KYB GR+ shocks out and bought new KYB AGX 8 way ajustable for the rear. The old rear shocks were probably 20 years old, rubber was beyond shot and the ride quality sucked.

I had to use a small brake rotor puller just to peel the shock body off the rubber then torch the rubber then torch the shock collar on the mount as it was pretty much fused on the mount.

Here you can see how bad they are. this is just holding the shock over a little.

Next up was Rebuilding the Rear diff. Dont have many pics, was in a time crunch.
Rear cover got sand blasted and 4 coats of Silver flake + 2 coats clear
Pumpkin was sandblasted and 2 coats of POR15.
Then all new seals + Bearings. Pinion and LSD reinstalled.
OEM Mitsubishi Fluid

Only pic i took of it in the car. PS the rust is getting fixed this summer.

Then under the car and i noticed this: the driver shock is 1cm away from the spindle. Soon ill be getting a eclipse subframe and new bushings so i hope that will fix the problem.

and heres what the same wheel thats close to the spindle looks like.

Shits fucked.... so heres an updated engine shot

tektic

Quoting Evilvr4:
Very nice

After 4 years on this board this is Juans first post!

TurboTurtle

Simple man. There's not much in there. I'm used to building motors and transmissions. Kinda just took a photographic memory or how it came apart and reversed it. All and all took about 30 minutes minus the sandblasting/paint

Thanks guys. Its come a long way from what it was. Sorry its no built monster.

Been debating a cage for a couple weeks now. We'll see what this summer has in store.

tektic

I was considering a set of subframe connectors, under fender braces and then try to make a bolt in harness bar. I don't think i'd like the obtuseness of a full cage. And with the things mentioned I'm sure it would make everything significantly more rigid. Were you planning on doing the cage yourself?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned