The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#674 Build

Quoting vapid:
Its been along time since I updated this. Not too much has changed, its been cold, and I've been lazy.
I've got the front subframe and suspension/brakes in, along with running the fuel lines up to the filter and FPR. I'm waiting till next week or so to mount the rear subframe and drop in the engine. Thats when my bolt-in fuel cell should be done. If anyone is interested I'll take pictures of it when its done.

Looking hot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I think the AFPR might be too low though. I don't think you'll be able to see the gauge once everything's back in. Maybe you're not done mounting it yet, but just something I noticed.

mitsuturbo

Wow, this looks really, really good. I wish i had the money to do everything you're doing to yours. Especially all at once like this.

vapid

To all, thanks for the compliments.

And to answer a few questions:

-The 255's weren't a problem. I've turned it lock to lock and they didn't rub up front. They also cleared the trailing arms fine.

-D2s sold a little while back.

-AFPR was moved. If you look at the 7th picture down, posted on the 13th, you can see it near the wiper motor. It ended up not really being to low, it just stuck out 1/16" too much. The gauge face just barely touched the throttle cable bracket bolt on the intake manifold, so I made a spacer and moved it using the existing bolt holes on the firewall.

vapid

Since I was asked, here are a couple of pics of the tank and the internal "baffles". Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics showing it with just the sending unit ring welded on (without the sending unit attached).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned