The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

Steve885

Mike I don't know you and I'm newer to this forum.and defiantly not wanting to bust your balls.I like your car and want to see it stay on the road for awhile.. In the past couple months I've seen a couple nice cars with potential get parted due to lack of patience or funds or just giving up at a breaking point.. I was looking at your past thread and noticed you weren't running a exaust before your engine died the last time ..that may have caused your failure.. When engine oil gets too hot it looses viscosity ( thickness ) and thins down to water even that 20/50 won't last long under extrem heat For long periods of Time I know you wrapped the 02 but your depositing all that heat right on your oil pan..

GSX_TC

Well guys, I pulled some strings and had Dave over at D3 Performance Engineering Fab me up a whole new downpipe, its 3 inch in stainless 304 and now exits in a safe place and is also heat wrapped. so thanks for the suggestions. the added 1 foot of exhaust has changed her tone ALOT haha, she is way more deeper toned now and has more rumble now. i love it.

Steve885

Wow that dude has skills!!!!now we can all have confidence that you not gonna have a catastrophic melt down on your long trip.

mitsuturbo

Quoting GSX_TC:
the added 1 foot of exhaust has changed her tone ALOT haha, she is way more deeper toned now and has more rumble now. i love it.

alot01.png

ALOT2.png

mitsuturbo

Quoting Steve001:
Mike I don't know you and I'm newer to this forum.and defiantly not wanting to bust your balls.

Tell me, what exactly are you defying, by not wanting to bust his balls? I'm curious.

IncorpoRatedX

since you have a downpipe you could put a full exhaust on the car and then when the time comes to change turbo's you just change to a different downpipe....

put a real exhaust on it! none of that side cocked bullshit either plz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Jesus_Negros

i defiantly like it alot.

strokin4dr

Looking good, Mike.

GSX_TC

Preciate it guys.

GSX_TC

Samara had a lil photoshoot the other day, BIG thanks to Ashley Renae for her skills! on to the pics!

GSX_TC

2 people shot the car that day so there's more pics from the other person still to come. supposed to be a different shooting style. thanks for looking.

curtis

Car looks good man and glad you got something more than a dump done. I lost a friend a couple years ago to CO poisoning and its and ugly way to go out, hair falls out and you skin turns gray, I know some Marine Gunny sergeant preached this sh*t while you were in but alot of times people think it can't happen to you... 4 people died at a biker rally here in town, one was a buddy of mine I had known 20 years and all because someone had a generator pumping exhaust into a campers air intake while they were sleeping. O2 dumps and exhaust dumps can do the same thing....CO poisoning is CO poisoning.....

If you can run that over to the side of the car do it... I'm sure the guy that welded up that sexy downpipe can fab something like this click me

BluFalcon

Car is looking good Mike. It's starting to motivate me to do something with my POS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned