The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

Quoting GSX_TC:
Nothing is being rushed man, the entire setup just simply doesn't allow enough space for a full sized radiator.

Really? Sounds like it....

"I'm REALLY behind on time here"

"me and my friend have Been awake ALL night and it's 112pm now and still haven t slept."

" from 9pm to 6am"

" but there's no time to post the pics yet,"

"my goal is to just get the car there,"

" I might be a day late unfortunately"

Not trying to bust your balls, just don't want to see you rush to make an event that happens every year only for you to have missed something and then regret rushing.

fuel

can you just run the turbo from your original engine for the shootout?

GSX_TC

Nope because after pulling off my EVO III i saw that the Turbo wheel was rubbing the inside of the housing, so it will need a rebuild. I just need to except the fact that im not gonna make it to the shootout this year, and i hate that.

anyways, for what its worth here are the pics i took during that all night no sleep night.

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4634.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4644.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

boostedinaz

Just a question. Why all the time for this whole swap and the cleaning if you aren't going to paint everything and actually make it look nice?

Tre3zy

might not even need some painting... but im sure he could have made some stuff a lil nicer... but he decided he wanted to try and make it to the shootout... something like that you tend to rush things... which normally dont turn out good...

Wow, I'm shocked to see your buddies leaning on the fender, especially after you just had the car painted. Wash the fenders and put some f***ing towels down, it would take less than five minutes.

You didn't even take the time to power wash or spray the dirt off the firewall while the engine was out.

I'm not impressed.

boostedinaz

Quoting Tre3zy:
might not even need some painting... but im sure he could have made some stuff a lil nicer... but he decided he wanted to try and make it to the shootout... something like that you tend to rush things... which normally dont turn out good...

No some things needed some painting. He had the fancy allen bolts for the pan, but the pan looked like ass. Subframe out and pressure washed just to go right back in. The small things are what make the difference between a car that truly is nice and one that has just had the outside quickly resprayed.

As someone mentioned earlier he is pretty much rushing everything anyway.

Not trying to be a dick just not sure why the opportunity was not a 100% used.

GSX_TC

well now that i dont have a deadline to meet, i now have the time to do the little fine details, hell i might even get a whole new setup that will allow for more space who knows, but the build shall continue.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting PearsVR4:
Not trying to bust your balls

"See what happens when you try and rush builds. You end up running lamesauce civic radiators."
"Wow, I'm shocked to see your buddies leaning on the fender, especially after you just had the car painted."
"Wash the fenders and put some f***ing towels down, it would take less than five minutes."
"You didn't even take the time to power wash or spray the dirt off the firewall while the engine was out."
"I'm not impressed."

Just sayin...

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, there's always gonna be criticism in life, but there are a few things I'm not happy with about this setup. And honestly I'm already thinking about what the next setup will be. But things happen for a reason I suppose. I'll post pics to what ever I change on the car though.

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Quoting PearsVR4:
Not trying to bust your balls

"See what happens when you try and rush builds. You end up running lamesauce civic radiators."
"Wow, I'm shocked to see your buddies leaning on the fender, especially after you just had the car painted."
"Wash the fenders and put some f***ing towels down, it would take less than five minutes."
"You didn't even take the time to power wash or spray the dirt off the firewall while the engine was out."
"I'm not impressed."

Just sayin...

At first I was trying to offer him some helpful advice re the pulley bolts and to take his time. Then I saw the typical lazy dsm mentality when they were were pawing and leaning on a freshly painted dirty fender.

Actually I hope he makes it to the shoot out. And if he doesn't get some longer pulley bolts it will be interesting to see if the stock ones ever become an issue.

GSTwithPSI

What exactly is the "Typical lazy DSM mentality"? Are you implying by simply owning a DSM it somehow makes you lesser or more lazy? I don't understand the logic in your statement.

LIV4PSI

The majority of DSM builds are hack jobs. It doesn't apply to everyone, but it is common. I have never owned a DSM/GVR4 that didn't come with hacked wiring twisted together, and screws in vacuum lines instead of caps, and I have owned 6 so far now.

boostedinaz

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
What exactly is the "Typical lazy DSM mentality"? Are you implying by simply owning a DSM it somehow makes you lesser or more lazy? I don't understand the logic in your statement.

As others have said it's people being lazy and doing this in a very half ass manner. Sooo many DSM owners get all upptiy when they hear that statement, then you go look at their car and 95% of the time they are the one with a hack job vehicle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

When I got my Galant back on the road the only "extra" I spent to make it much nicer than most was maybe 50.00 bucks. I bought a gallon of simple green and maybe 4-5 can of spray paint. Then I just spent my own time cleaning and painting.

GSX_TC

some teaser pics of the final product, for now atleast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

and this one is for you Mark =) no more ugly angled muffler

IMG_4654.jpg

turbowop

So what'd you do for an exhaust?

And why were you complaining about your fogs on FB? They look like they're mounted to me. Huge improvement now that there is an intercooler in that bumper.

GSX_TC

if you look closely the driver side far corner one is slightly sticking out and its bothering me. it will be addressed once it gets the new setup. and the exhaust will pretty much be a dump from the bottom, 3" of course.

and thank you for the kind words, thats like hearing "you sound great" from simon cowel or something to me haha.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned