The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

fuel

You can see on the drivers side that the edge is sticking out a bit and protruding beyond the bumper, rather than sitting in-set about 1/4 of an inch like they are meant to.

GSX_TC

yep, Just as Phillip said. I'll have to fix that. there's a few imperfections that i'll need to correct. all this will be happening very soon. I'll actually be selling this setup if anyone is interested.

turbowop

So what is causing it to do that? I figured if anything you would have an issue on the inside due to the IC endtanks. My fogs just barely clear my endtanks. Like 1/2" clearance.

GSX_TC

well apparently something needs to be adjusted back there, also keep in mind we have the same core but not the same end tanks, i believe yours were tailored to your car. I'll get it taken care of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DynastyLCD

the engine bay shot with the ramhorn manifold, i love it. the oddessey battery fits very nicely with the 4" intake! i had my FPgreen with a 4" intake and the same K&N, just squeezed in a battery from a Versa lol. my only suggestions, is that it really needs an ABS delete, and a wire tuck to take all the crap off of the firewall. if you did that, it would look PERFECT.

what did you end up doing for a front engine mount? in the pics, it looks like you didn't put anything back in place. did you end up going with one of those tubular front cross bars?

build looks good dude. congradulations! get your tune sorted out, now its time to spend some time driving it and enjoying your efforts!

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, im actually gonna change this setup because I'm very unpleased with things like running a half sized radiator, no front mount and missing lower supports.

This setup will be for sale very shortly. And I'll update what I'm gonna change, I'm aiming for BIG power, and be able to drive it a long distance. So this setup won't cut it.

DynastyLCD

why dont you look into something like this to solve your front engine mount dillemma? Bulfab Tubular Front Cross Member i run one of these on my 1g and i love it. creates a lot of extra room, and its still rigid to use as a jack point. by lower supports, im guessing you mean the two north/south bars that run from the front crossmember to the K-member? they also make a 3-piece setup to add in those bars. i took mine, and cut them so they still brace the K-member. no issues at all, and the transmission comes out a little quicker which i like.

seems like you put a lot of time and money into going with the big turbo setup, it'd be a shame to see you quit with it now.

GSX_TC

I don't plan to quit it, I'm just gonna move to a better setup that will still allow me to use my mounts and crossmembers, and a full sized radiator. I have a few things picked out that will solve those problems, I also plan to get a better quality 35R while im at it.

GSX_TC

got some more new parts in the mail, thanks to Stealthtt24, here's click a video of the start up, i love the way the FP2 Cams sounds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

an AFCO radiator and Spal Fan, this fixed my overheating problem thank god /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

Last edited:

GVR47111K

Are you going to put on an intake?
When are you going to the strip?

GSX_TC

Quoting ducttapeguy:
That car is pure sex. Sounds mean too. Good job man. I hope to see it in person in the near future

thanks man, yeah hopefully i'll finish what i want to do with it by next years shootout.

Quoting GVR47111K:
Are you going to put on an intake?
When are you going to the strip?

I have an FP 4 inch intake and huge K&N air filter that bolts right up, but i had everying that off because i had just gotten it running. it has since then been installed.

Last edited:

citymunky

Your car is looking good.

asmo

looks amazing, that radiator is the sh*t.

GSX_TC

Nothing yet, she's just sittin there lookin pretty in the garage at the moment, waiting for parts. plus i have like 3 grand of debt i have to pay off before i start throwing parts at her again. I havent been on the forums lately due to me workin my butt off, but I see this car everyday so theres no way i could ever forget about her. stay tuned /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GVR41380

looking clean man, one day my GVR4 will be there i hope....

GSX_TC

Thanks man, and it will be. it didnt take me very long to mine to where its at currently. As long as you dont give up on it, you should be alright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

Got a few more things to add onto her exterior =)

JDM rear bumper came in, at first i didnt like the JDM rear bumper but i have to admit, it kinda grew on me. plus now i have a nice provision for a decent twin tip exhaust. I paid a bit more to have it shipped unfolded because i didnt want to have to deal with using a heat gun again and heating the edges back to its original form. anyways enough of my babbling here are the pics.

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

Even came with all the brackets, which was pretty sweet

IMG_4935.jpg

Also got my Rain guards in, these flew in from BangKok! been lookin for these for a while.

IMG_4941.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned