The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The never ending build of 1062.

Galantvr41062

What do you want pics of?

New parts are on the way for the tranny, then they go to Frozen Rotors for some cryo treating, then back to the track later this month.

~John

Galantvr41062

Here is the video from the dyno session. A big thanks to Shane at DB Performance for working his magic on my car once again.

720 awhp
473 ft/lbs

Video ::: click ::: Video

816 ahwp
537 ft/lbs

Video ::: click ::: Video

~John

GSX_TC

Quoting GalantVR41062:
What do you want pics of?

New parts are on the way for the tranny, then they go to Frozen Rotors for some cryo treating, then back to the track later this month.

~John

Of this=" I will run a T fitting off the compressor housing, and have 1 line go to the MBC and to the WG like normal, but the 2nd line will run to a normally closed electric valve then to another T fitting at the WG's. Then with a micro switch on the shifter base it will open that valve only when in 1st gear, thus running wg pressure."

Finally the video!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Galantvr41062

Canon_photos_055.jpg

Canon_photos_063.jpg

Just a little damage for 30', but the synchro dog springs were broken for a while.

Canon_photos_0591.jpg

Good as new, new intermediate shaft, new 3/4 shift fork, new evo 3 3rd gear.

Canon_photos_0611.jpg

Welded used center diff

Canon_photos_065.jpg

After a few hours or hard work the car is ready to take a short trip around the block the onto the trailer to head up to BIR early tomorrow morning.

Canon_photos_0691.jpg

Canon_photos_0761.jpg

Canon_photos_0721.jpg

I finally installed the window net, wot.

~John

OMFGeofffff

Went to MAP Proving Grounds this weekend and John ran the car. The only run I was able to catch he ran a 9.65 I believe. Here's a quick cell phone vid I got.

click

I get a little excited haha.

Galantvr41062

I had a fun and long weekend up at the MAP proving grounds, my car number was 1616.

We made 2 runs on saturday. The first run was just to see what the boost was at, look at the log, and see if the new tranny parts were happy shifting at almost 10,000rpm.

So we cooled the water to air down with 15lbs of ice, lowered the tire pressure from 28psi to 26psi, upped the boost a little, and I raised my slip launch rpm up to 6000rpm.

The track had good traction and the IAT started at 65deg F and at the end of the run were up to 100deg, boost was about 37.5 psi, but here is the time slip:

60' 1.755
330' 4.435
1/8th 6.469
MPH 120.54
1000 8.198

1/4 9.651
MPH 154.16

[youtube]dSTJozf3y_Q[/youtube]

link

Canon_photos_098.jpg

The log looked good, no knock retard, good clean shifts, there was more in it at the line, the track was still gripping hard, so back to it to try again.

The 3rd run we upped the boost again, we were looking for around 40psi, we lowered the tire pressure to 24psi and I was going to up my slip launch to 7000rpm.

But the oil filter vibrated loose in the burn out box, the track offical was walking up to my door to tell me not to run it was leaking oil, I was like WTF hit the PUSH OFF button and kill the car if its leaking oil all over the track.

Well I launched with the guy at my door I guess and it went straight to revlimiter, so I shifting into 2nd thinking I would just drive slow the rest of the track and then the oil light and the oil pressure gauge showed the worst. I shut everything off and found the puddle of oil on the ground.

At first I was debating just heading home but thanks to Chris I stayed the night and had a great time.

Then in the AM I pulled the oil filter off and put the oring back in place and put the filter back on tight. filled the motor with the 2 quarts I had and 3 from Chris, again thanks.

The car was running good, no bad motor noise. It was cooler out side this morning and it did rain at some point. So I figured traction would be a little less then yesterday.

I made it up to the line and slip launched from 7000rpm, the car spun but was moving forward good, hit 2nd and it just took off. The log later showed the car made every bit of 41psi, air temps were around 100deg because I did not have ice in the heat exchanger, no knock retard, I hit every gear around 9800rpm and it felt like a great pass.

The end result is the fastest and quickest Galant VR4 in the world, that I know of right now anyways.

60' 1.745
330' 4.318
1/8th 6.305
MPH 122.42
1000 8.021

1/4 9.457
MPH 156.94

[youtube]pHyu1h6xs9Y&hd=1[/youtube]

[youtube]MLS0OoyPU7g[/youtube]

Canon_photos_0971.jpg

So if I had the track temp of yesterday and the air temp/boost of the run this morning it could have run quicker, but I was happy both days.

And a first for the car going to the track in the last 2 years, I drove in onto and off the trailer back into my garage when I got home, such a good feeling.

We did have a Gopro in the front window for this run, that should be fun to watch later, and Thanks Mark for getting the great HD video at the line.

I would also like to Thank EVERYONE that helped make the car what it is today. Just to name a fewin no specific order: Ryan, Kyle, Alison, Shane at DB, CP pistons, Carrillo rods, Karl Ramm KRAMM-LOX, Chuck from HTM, Paul, Dukes, Jacks trans, MAP, Monster, Budlight, plasma cutters, and every one else I can not think of off the top of my head.

I will update with pics as I get them off my camera, and I will edit in links to the videos as they show up on the face tubes.

~John

Last edited:

Tre3zy

CONGRATS!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Polish

epic job dood... Must be an awesome feeling.

Awesome job, john.

Its amazing you ran such a great ET with such a sedate launch. Car makes crazy power!

Galantvr41062

Thanks guys. I will be back at the strip a little late this year, with more safty and possibly slicks. I want to get a good clean pass at like 42psi with a 1.6 or better 60'.

~John

JB

Nice job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

curtis

Just saw the thread KC posted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Holy crap brother break open the Johnnie Walker this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

As I've said before.... beware of the the guy with homemade parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

curtis

In car video is wicked, thing starts to really move up in 4th. Again Congrats

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned