The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

GSX_TC

the screws look like they drill into the glass though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

Last edited:

blacksheep

I assume it is a J hook or S hook that attaches to the windshield trim...

Now 2 off-topic questions?

1) Is that an USDM certified dual tip exhaust on a JDM bumper?
2) What in gods name is going on with the exhuast on that black car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSX_TC

Black car is mine, exhaust has been gone..

blacksheep

OK, now Pot's comment makes sense... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I had not seen a picture of it ever.

Tau - Did you modify it to fit the JDizM bumper? Thanks!

GSX_TC

Lol yeah it was different. I can't wait to do a new all stainless custom one off exhaust one day with a nice modest twin tip.

blacksheep

I am leaning towards Certified dual tip, but am curious if I switched to JDM bumper, it will stick way out and people will trip and fall over it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

pot

Staff member
Quoting blacksheep:
OK, now Pot's comment makes sense... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I had not seen a picture of it ever.

Tau - Did you modify it to fit the JDizM bumper? Thanks!

Sad part about it is, mine is just as bad. Talk about being a hypocrite. I dare not post a pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif so I'll just forward a picture fresh out of the box. After I saw how hideous his was I really began to have reservations but I went ahead and mounted it about a year and half ago anyway.

*Sorry, wasn't trying to threadjack

Last edited:

pmp285

How the heck do you put screw through a glass? Maybe an oem glass that has provisions for it???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SleepinGVR4

Definitely put screws through the glass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And you might want to call animal hoarders because I think you have a cat problem.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting GSX_TC:

IMG_4929.jpg

Even came with all the brackets, which was pretty sweet

IMG_4935.jpg

Also got my Rain guards in, these flew in from BangKok! been lookin for these for a while.

IMG_4941.jpg

GSX_TC

Lol yeah he's my lil parts inspector. He makes sure nothing is broken or defective.

pmp285

like i said... i have never seen anyone with rear visor that has crews in them... most likely those were just for show... so i was weirded out on how that happened..hehehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

kama1

Oem rear visors are screwed on these clips that mount on the trim around the windshield

Last edited:

kama1

No worries jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

dammit i want those clips now haha, someone send one to jay leno to be 3D scanned and mass produce them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts