The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

GSX_TC

Well $400 bucks later and i got my NHRA Certified Moroso Battery Box (part #74051) and Moroso Battery Relocation Kit (Part#74055) and Optima Yellow Top. This will all be going in the trunk. =)

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

turbofonz

All NHRA cert and no kill switch?

GSX_TC

Kill switch is next on the list, I ran out of money man.

GSX_TC

Just got my Galant VR4 Specific Bulfab Crossmember! =D he even painted for me too.

Big thanks to Vassil Vutov from Bulfab.com!

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

GSX_TC

Got my Jay racing Alternator relocation kit in the mail today, this will help the life of my expensive OEM Mitsu alternator.

IMG_5029_zpsf5107d78.jpg

jnava

Staff member
Is that the solid mount?

MellowVR4

Quoting GSX_TC:
Just got my Galant VR4 Specific Bulfab Crossmember! =D he even painted for me too.

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

This might be a dumb question, but what does this replace? the front bar that has the front motor mount?

5OF2k

Quoting GSX_TC:

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

I had neve heard of bulfab.com, so i checked it out. Now, i have a boner that doesnt seem to want to go away.... Dammit.

-Jake

GSX_TC

Quoting jnava:
Is that the solid mount?

there's only one jay racing alt relocation kit with an aluminum and steel for heavy duty use, this is the steel one. im not sure what you mean by solid.

Quoting MellowVR4:
Quoting GSX_TC:

This might be a dumb question, but what does this replace? the front bar that has the front motor mount?

yes it replaces that one and the the big crossmember. or in other words the cross bar and both north south bars.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Quoting 5OF2k:
Quoting GSX_TC:

I had neve heard of bulfab.com, so i checked it out. Now, i have a boner that doesnt seem to want to go away.... Dammit.

-Jake

Lol yeah he has ALOT of stuff on there that i plan to get. guy is very talented and i appreciate him taking the time to do this for our beloved Galant VR4's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DynastyLCD

i think jnava was referring to the 3 piece cross member's engine mount. that one is solid yes. i run the same front bar in my 1g but with cut N/S bars to brace the k-member as it's not the 3-piece. i have the poly mount. love it. great mod for sure. especially if you like to destroy driveline parts and find yourself pulling the transmission out a lot lol.

you got some goodies Mike, now put em on the damn car!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

jnava

Staff member
Thanks Phil. I wasn't sure what he had.

blacksheep

Very nice parts, Mike.

From what I know, the Jay Racing replaces the AC compressor, right?

Wop - It should be stiff enough, but I would worry about jacking it up by that mount... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JNR

Are those spherical rod ends on the cross member lateral bracing? Just wondering what the point of that is and wouldn't that promote some unwanted flex? Perhaps I'm missing something from that pic though.

btw - damn, wish I had your budget for my stuff I need to finish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

DynastyLCD

Quoting turbowop:
Can that chromo crossmember still be used as a central jack point for the front?

yes. i feel as if it's sturdier than the flimsy crossmember it replaces. and it has solid mounts where it goes onto the body. i've lifted my 1g tons of times with it, no issues here.

LIV4PSI

Quoting blacksheep:

From what I know, the Jay Racing replaces the AC compressor, right?

Yes, it moves the alternator to where the compressor goes.

Mike, your build is really starting to come together. I cant wait to see the car in person at the Shootout again.

GSX_TC

Thank you guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, just wait till i get the "good" parts in haha those are the ones that are really gonna be hurting my pockets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

anyways. Not really a MOD but its important to me and is worthy of being in my thread so i can remember. Samara Won Ride Of the Month On The Galant Center for Jan 2013 click Then she won Ride of the month over at GulfcoastDSM for Jan 2013 click and Ride of the Month over at Galant Tuners for Feb 2012 click and last but not least she just won ride of the month on Mitsu-Media for Feb 2013 click Im soo proud of her =)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts