The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

GSX_TC

There's just no time man, plus I don't any money in my account anymore.

As for the 1050's yeah those will most likely go back on my 1g then I'll go bigger on the VR4 maybe some blue max's or something.

Quoting PearsVR4:
Quoting GSX_TC:
Ah sh*t I forgot about those! Thanks for pointing that out man, I doubt I'll be able to get those in time so I maybe have to use my stock ones till I get back.

Don't chance it. I actually learned of those longer arp bolts on tooners cause some guy had his stock bolts shear off or back out because they are too short with the fluidampr. Don't forget to use blue loctite on them.

Either next day air them or go to the hardware store and get some longer ones. Or raid your nut/bolt bin and find some oem ones that are longer.

And 1050cc injectors are a waste for e85 for medium to bigger size turbos as you will be at max IDC in the low twenty psi range. You will be looking at trading those for 1650 or bigger in no time.

GSTwithPSI

Hey Mike the build looks great. I've thrown in the towel on mine. I'm trying to be too nit picky and am not going to have the car ready in time. I hope you get yours finished in time to get to the shootout.

GSX_TC

Awe man I'm sorry to hear that Brett, well if it's consolation my other friend from Cali couldn't go either, looks like there might not be as many GVR4's there as I thought. Hopefully there will be more then last year though =)

GSX_TC

Ok mark, just checked both slaves and the old one had a green piston and the new one is a red piston. So hopefully it'll be better.

turbowop

Quoting GSX_TC:
Ok mark, just checked both slaves and the old one had a green piston and the new one is a red piston. So hopefully it'll be better.

Sweet. That's an upgrade for sure.

GSX_TC

Goddamit nobody told me the OEM alt belt needed to be bigger when using the fluidampr pulley WTF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Gizmovr4

Mike,

I use gates belt number K040390 with the fluidamp

GSX_TC

I just threw the old OEM crank pulley back on, I'm REALLY behind on time here, now all of a sudden the oil feed I have isn't the correct one, the 35R feed requires a very specific one which I don't have, also due to this setup I now have to run a half sized radiator, this is becoming such a headache man.

Okayplayer

Too many new parts, too little time. I know it would be kick ass to get all these goodies in your car prior to the shootout, but would you have enough time to get a proper shakedown to make it reliable so you aren't junking a lot of quality parts? You are a brave soul... I have the same problem when I get new parts, I just want to throw them on and feel the difference. I think it would be wise to go small (e316g, safe tune and such...) so you can make it to the shootout and back. my $.02. I do envy this build though. I am pulling for you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

GSX_TC

I'm not throwing in the towel yet, me and my friend have Been awake ALL night and it's 112pm now and still haven t slept. Lol let's see how this turns out.

Okayplayer

Perhaps get a good nights sleep, then check it over backwards, like proof reading. It sounds like this car is gonna be quite an animal... Good luck Mike! So I bet we will see a bunch of engine pics from you rather than hard parking ones lol. Keep it up!

GSX_TC

Lol I was taking quite a few pics of all the progress from 9pm to 6am haha, but there's no time to post the pics yet, but my goal is to just get the car there, so the build shall continue, I might be a day late unfortunately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gizmovr4

Mike,
I like your enthusiasm in wanting to take your car to the shoot out!! Sometimes its best to look at the overall picture – you have a lot of money and time invested in your build. Take your time to finish the car, break everything in properly and just make sure that all is well before venturing out on a 400 plus mile trip. Not saying that what you are attempting cant be done- but rather why chance missing something because your rushing!! There will always be next year for the shootout!

GSX_TC

Oh believe me we aren't rushing, and it's 2400+ miles total I wish I only had 400 miles haha.

Quoting GSX_TC:
I just threw the old OEM crank pulley back on, I'm REALLY behind on time here, now all of a sudden the oil feed I have isn't the correct one, the 35R feed requires a very specific one which I don't have, also due to this setup I now have to run a half sized radiator, this is becoming such a headache man.

See what happens when you try and rush builds. You end up running lamesauce civic radiators.

Actually the alt belt not fitting is gods way of saving your ass from severe headache down the line when you were to become stranded on the side of the road in a small town similar looking to freaky sh*t you see in movies like Texas chainsaw massacre, while your fancy new pulley is laying on the road a mile back and the fake cop is rolling up on you thinking how good you will taste with a dab of celery salt and some taters.

Order those arp bolts. Take your current alt belt to a local napa and tell them you need one a bit bigger.

GSX_TC

Nothing is being rushed man, the entire setup just simply doesn't allow enough space for a full sized radiator.

LIV4PSI

Do you still have AC? Borrow a DSM radiator from one of your 1g's, and put it where the condenser used to go.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned