The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

504/2000 Restoration project and 2 other VR4. Why do I love these cars!!

bobdole

Went ahead and painted the rear muffler section black. Turned out really nice. The exhaust is not bolt down. Just hanging up there by the rubber hangers. Fitment looks great so far.

aHMdwJ.jpg

uvjKmZ.jpg

wdUoq4.jpg

nzpfcO.jpg

32JTn1.jpg

Last edited:

Polish

Wow - that is looking amazing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

bobdole

Didn't have alot of time this month to work on her. Been busy. But I did work on her this past week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Replacing the valve cover gasket. It was leaking. The engine looks clean for the miles. Finally finished replacing the exhaust manifold studs. Got most of the turbo back on. Going to pull the oil pan and but a new one on. So I had to take the front transfer case off. Went ahead and cleaned it up and painted it. Still have a ton of work to do.

8H4CH9.jpg

VxxeR3.jpg

lbt70L.jpg

LFOdTQ.jpg

Front diff.
xPmwvh.jpg

Last edited:

dmj

Sorry Bob that is the Transfer case, the front diff is in the transmission The car is coming along very nicely keep posting the pics.

Very nice thread on your build up, I will be doing the same to mine but keeping it 100% stock.

bobdole

Haven't worked on the car in a couple weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I did get a couple new parts in from Mitsubishi. Don't worry I will update the post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

citymunky

Ahh this is the guy that made me look in GVR4's in the first place
Link

bobdole

Got some new goodies in. Dorman arms, OEM swaybar endlinks, OEM Steering rack rubber mounts, OEM Radiator rubber mounts and Energy Suspension front subframe bushings. I am really hoping to find sometime to work on her. Got alot to do still.

I just did all this to my rear subframe yesterday and today.. i wasnt cool enuff to take pics tho. Great job! wish i could afford powdercoating!

NinjaVR4

or you could buy the $65.00 powdercoating system in the misc for sale section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Bob is that a bolt I see in the manifold instead of a stud thought that was bad....

AnotherNewb

What did you use to clean the t-case so well before you painted it?

bobdole

That bolt is not staying there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Got some Hella horns in today. They are loud.

bobdole

Got some new parts in today from Mitsubishi. Shift cables and E-brake cables.

dsc06749o.jpg

bobdole

More parts in from Mits today. Can't wait to start installing all this stuff.

Just need a nice Radiator fan shroud now. Mine is cracked in two places.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned