The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

504/2000 Restoration project and 2 other VR4. Why do I love these cars!!

Romanova

What was your trick for getting the rear sub frame back into place?

bobdole

No trick. It went right back in. Everything lined up.

Last edited:

bobdole

Painted all the areas with Rust Bullet and finished installing the new brake lines.

jPVhIU.jpg

OacpAp.jpg

7CDDgt.jpg

uvrmeI.jpg

Last edited:

bobdole

Got the BC coilovers mounted. Should be coming of the jack stands today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PdZn4T.jpg

BHT6RF.jpg

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Looks good! I still think you should upgrade that interfooler while you have the front bumper off.

Romanova

Those pics are just what I need for the brake lines when I go to do mine!

Quoting G:
Looks good! I still think you should upgrade that interfooler while you have the front bumper off.

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe sneak a 3g maf in the stock pretty airbox somehow too.

bobdole

Trying to keep the performance part of the car stock. I knew I would catch some heat (alot from friends) but I have been modifing cars for 15 years. I wanted to change things up.

Last edited:

^I guess I'm confused as to the suspension and brakes mods then. I understand the beauty of keeping a car 100% stock but having very capable suspension and brakes and then blasting out of a corner with 170 awhp and a heatsoaked stock ic isn't that fun.

bobdole

Just making her look sweet. I have to lower it with the 18" wheels I am putting on and I put the swaybars on because I really liked them on my last GVR4. I won't be racing around corners. Just going to be a crusier that is it.

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Bob,

I hear what you are saying regards having a comfortable cruiser over a performance car, but I don't see why a 3G/EVO8 MAF wouldn't fit into that equation. It flows more air admittedly but apart from having the potential to add performance everyone reports that the 3G/EVO8 MAF also provides a much smoother and far more linear power delivery and is essentially more refined after years of development. I still think it would fit right in with what you are trying to do.

Now that I have my big build going on I am also trying to keep my other car fairly stock, but if I stay with a MAF it will definitely be a 3G/EVO8 one.

Paul.

bobdole

maybe down the road I might change things up but for now I want to keep it looking stock under the hood. I did get it off the jack stands yesterday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Got more parts in from Mitsubishi today. Both front fender liners and some little parts. Got to install turbo manifold, Radiator and fan, intake, fenders and front bumper. Then the car will sit for alittle bit. Need to save up more money to finish the front suspension. Haven't even started that yet.

cheekychimp

That's cool and I do understand where you are coming from. If however you did decide to go that route, Keydiver did a write up in the How To section about installing a 3G MAF in the stock airbox. That sounds to be exactly what you would want if you did this!

Last edited:

bobdole

Thanks for the info cheekychimp.

bobdole

Funny. I just looked at the sticker on the windsheild to see the last time the oil was changed. Which was 8/5/2008 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif but the car has only gone 200 miles since then. Going to change the oil before I drive it again.

Charles, keep us posted. I understand where you're coming from as far as trying to keep it as close to stock appearing that pleases you. I can't wait to see this thing. With all the years of experience you've had modding cars over the years, I can understand there are times when you want to go back to basics. This car will be worth a nice change later on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

bobdole

Got the car on the lift. Working on bleeding the brakes and steering.

9262010.jpg

92620106.jpg

92620103.jpg

92620104.jpg

Can't wait to start on the front. Lots of work there also.
92620102.jpg

2of9

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

amazing. simply amazing thread and restoration piece I've ever seen.

bobdole

Exhaust showed up. Nice quality exhaust. Welds look really good. Nothing much else going on with the car. Just haven't had anytime to touch it.

XFEWtI.jpg

GkDxeo.jpg

IGFzv4.jpg

Last edited:

Whoodoo

I'd love to know how well it bolts up. I've heard it pops right in, but first hand pics and experience are appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned