The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build thread for 504/1000

manikbastrd

So I just picked up 504/1000 after having parted 724/2000 out last year. I am really happy to be back and this time have a rust free bone stock car to start out with. As she sits I have a few small maintenance items to take care of, clutch engagement, motor mount, and AWS/ABS issue. Nothing too serious. I am really excited for this build. Already have an B16G ordered, and an ETS FMIC kit with Greddy Type S BOV that I will be picking up soon. Glad to be back here you guys are great!!!

Pics as soon as I can get a nice day to take some
-Manik

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Welcome to the org man.

mitsuturbo

Where did you find a legit big16g for a decent price? All the ones i have seen are close to ball bearing GT28 pricing. Did they come back down in price?

EHmotorsports

welcome back Mani! glad you are back in the seat:)

G

Staff member
Awesome save! that is a clean example. Now don't blow the motor and end up parting the thing out.

Last edited:

manikbastrd

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Where did you find a legit big16g for a decent price? All the ones i have seen are close to ball bearing GT28 pricing. Did they come back down in price?

Hopefully it is a legit one. I got it from a member who got it from a member. I picked it up for 300 Shipped. We shall see when it arrives...If I need to rebuild, so be it.

I have big plans for the car. I would like to clean her up real nice and do a BW EFR turbo, all the correct supporting mods along with transmission and clutch etc. I have a little more money and a lot more experience this time around and want to do this car up right!

Trying to get the small problems ironed out right now...

manikbastrd

Quoting G:
Awesome save! that is a clean example. Now don't blow the motor and end up parting the thing out.

HAHA nah, even if I blow the motor I wont get rid of this beauty. I am planning on building a stroker for her anyway so, although I don't plan to blow the motor, it could be worse if I did.

prove_it

So virgin.....

Nice buy. What are your goals with this one?

bobdole

Nice car for sure. It looked very clean in the forsale ad.

G

Staff member
$3900 was a good price. Hopefully with the issues it has you talked him down some.

manikbastrd

Quoting prove_it:
So virgin.....

Nice buy. What are your goals with this one?

She is a total virgin...Once I fix the clutch issue...Why is it with every galant I have owned the clutch sucks???

Anywho, I want to do a 2.3L stroker motor, with (ideally if it will fit) a BW EFR 7670, CM 3" exhaust, ETS FMIC kit, HKS 272/272 cams, 2g ported and 1mm overbored head, fuel, SMIM, Dejon intake, ECM link, and a built tranny eventually...I want to tune SD and run Meth as well. Sticking to pump for the fuel because I am military and never know if E85 will be around. If I can't fit the EFR, I will probably go FP Black.

As far as power, hopefully 4-550ish maybe a bit more but probably not

I want to keep the interior stock, and the looks pretty stock as well. I will be cleaning up the window rash, and getting her tinted. Lastly that I can think of anyway, is some Team Dynamic wheels and coilovers.

manikbastrd

Quoting G:
$3900 was a good price. Hopefully with the issues it has you talked him down some.

Grr I tried but he was pretty firm. I thought the clutch would be an easy fix but who knows...I wish I would have tried harder. Either way I am still happy with the price with how clean she is. EDIT: Contacted P.O. he gave me 150 for the clutch problems. Spent 2x that on OEM mitsu parts and SS line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

matt92vr4

That is the best way to start! I too held out for a 100% stocker. The only non-stock item was the power antenna. It sounds like we have similar ideas. Summit white, sunroof, stock interior. I got a curtis short shifter and gvr4 floor mats, those are both very cool.

I'm also keeping the exterior as stock as possible. I'm dropping it a little for safety, but I'm keeping the bumper uncut, painting the FMIC black, keeping the stock rims. For mods I have Evo3 16g, evo9 intercooler, evo8 valve springs, cyclone intake, ecmlink3, etc. I love using as many visible stock parts as possible to trick everyone at the track! Low 12's in the 1/4 with the kids in the back. That should do it. Now I just have to yank the engine and get to work! Have fun with yours, it's a beauty!

prove_it

Both VR4's I bought were virgins. It really makes a difference when you don't have to deal with some 16yr old kid's hack job to get 5hp. I've spent PLENTY of time rewiring friends cars over the years and I still can't figure out why people think wire nuts for house wiring is ok in the engine bay....

715 was even owned by passionate owners that had the mitsu dealer maintain it's whole life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

coyotes

Hello,

What's your deal on BC coilovers? I know I am late to the party for the black friday deal but I'm curious to see what they cost now.

Do you have a list of other vr4 stuff you can get?

Thanks

Thomas

manikbastrd

I don't have any hookups on BC coilovers, however I have a buddy who is going to sell me some GC with KYB shocks for cheap.

On another note, I ordered new Redline fluids for the car, a stainless clutch line, and stainless brake lines!!!
YAY!!!Parts!!!

LIV4PSI

^^^Wrong person. PM Bob Dole

manikbastrd

Just installed my ETS intercooler kit with a Greddy Type S BOV. Gotta finish up tomorrow and put the bumper back on. Working on putting in the Prothane motor mounts, just did the front today. Hopefully getting my S.S. clutch and brake lines on monday and Ground Control Coilovers, new injectors, ECMLink, and some cams soon, also my Evo III 16G is here!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts