The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TH3 Lazy arse Australian / New Zealand Picture build thread

RedTwo

That turbo looks huge in the thumbnail, I don't want to make it any larger! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

NZ VR4 RS

done a few more things on the car over the weekend.

finally fitted bonnett catches and seat, plus came by some rods and pistons for the rebuild. :-o

good old eagle/je combo

aerocatch.JPG

seat.JPG

pistons.JPG

3diamonds

3diamonds

cheers Baz..

yeah i didn't want to attract to much attention. it gets enough attention from how it sounds on idle but the electronic silencer is helping out on that.

everything else is still stock as far as interior and aircon goes

just got a set of evo 1 wheels, also with some bigger tyres on it now then in that pic

Last edited:

bustedsm

Your front axles WILL hate you and you WILL go through them very quickly. Two in the past 1300 miles here...

RedTwo

Sitting on the dyno and they tell me I've blown the head gasket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
So once that gets added onto the existing bill I will be tell the kids they'll be having an imagination Christmas this year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

bazeng

That sucks... Who's doing the tuning? What ecu again?

Checkout the damage on the vr4 rs box that occurred on the dyno.

ac49b9b4.jpg

Look what I just found in a gearbox out of a vr4 I have purchased....

This should hopefully fix the problem....
dec43039.jpg

be2cc775.jpg

Last edited:

NZ VR4 RS

Quoting RedTwo:
Sitting on the dyno and they tell me I've blown the head gasket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
So once that gets added onto the existing bill I will be tell the kids they'll be having an imagination Christmas this year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

WHAT IT WAS BLOWN BEFORE YOU GOT THERE OR THEY BLEW IT ON THE DYNO.

i got some arp headstuds cheap if you want them brand new.
ditto on what ecu and workshop

Last edited:

NZ VR4 RS

Quoting bazeng:
Look what I just found in a gearbox out of a vr4 I have purchased....

This should hopefully fix the problem....

had to be an ex rally car box, is it a ppg set

bazeng

Box finally inspected and kaaz front lsd installed.

All that was required was to swap out the pinion shaft bearings and a 3.5 conversion to the lsd so basically crown wheel and pinion swap from the broken box.

Time to put it in the car!

VR42LT

Nice Baz i so what a dog box but i cant justify the coin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

In the mean time here a few updates of my own.

H05TYL

Had my heap on the dyno yesterday, was rich as hell (afr high 10's low 11's) - proof 510's and an evo afm don't cancel each other out when used with an ecu expecting 450's.
Tweaked it as best we could with the old school s-afc (afr ~12.5) and it made 189kW with boost spiking to 18psi then dropping back to 15psi by redline. This dyno reads about 10% down on the one the cars previously been on, so by just adding reground cams, tweaking the fueling very roughly and 1psi more boost in the midrange and 1psi less up top it's making 30+kW more than before. Couldn't add any more boost as it would start to knock when it spiked any higher.

There's a whole lot of my current setup that is less than ideal (stock wastegate is just wired shut until I cbf to fit the welded exhaust housing I have, stock j-spec intercooler and teeny tiny piping, bleed valve to raise boost, rudimentry fuel control, no ignition adjustment, 1 manifold stud gone awol), so there's certainly more in there.

Will post the graph's when I get home.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned