The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TH3 Lazy arse Australian / New Zealand Picture build thread

bazeng

The box is now back in the car!!

New seals installed
Fork cleared to suit twin plate clutch (was grinding very slightly before)
Front KAAZ Lsd now in the dog box! The previous owner ran a 10.9 with front and rear open diffs!!!!!

brisvr4

Nice Barry, did you re check the preloads on the output shaft gear and end play on the diff when you put the new ones in mate?
Should help a heap with shifts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bazeng

It was all initially built by PAR so I didn't feel the need to really go over everything. I just ripped it apart, visually checked over things like gears and bearings, swapped over the front diff crown wheel, replaced the lsd bearings, cleaned the magnet and inside and pretty much put it back together.

the input and output shafts feel good so hopefully PAR put it together well to begin with. I figured the box will be out sometime soon anyway..lol.. They recommend something like a 20000 km rebuild interval.

brisvr4

Finally got off my ass and ordered some new goodies seeing as how the Aussie dollar is equal to the USD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just have to wait for my new 600 x 300 x 4 inch cooler to be modified and the installation can begin!

The turbo is a 6262 that I originally purchased with a Mitsubishi hot-side but I've decided to go to a bigger and better setup with the .82 housing.

I've already got a Walbro 255 in-tank feeding a 255 inline in the engine bay along with Bluemax 1450cc injectors running E85.
I'm hoping that this latest round of mods should get me a little bit more power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

VR42LT

Very nice mate i cant wait to see some pics and performance from those goodies, on a side note how well is this thread going!

ozyvr4

Great upgrade Tim.

I finally got my turbo on. The 02 housing I bought did not fit for sh-t. I had to start from scratch. The first bend ran straight in to the oil filter. It must have been on a car with an remote oil filter. We ran out of time to do the wastegate pipe so for the next few weeks it will be vented to atmo. My exhaust guy is in the States for the next few weeks.

So far its going great. Have not given it a full pass as I waiting to get my new BCS from ECMlink & a new boost gauge in the car.

A couple pics of the install. Still needs a little cleaning but as a daily driver only had a few hours to fit.

RedTwo

Hello, long time no progress!

So I'm off for a cert inspection tomorrow, which should result in my car being road legal again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I've shelved the Evo 4 Recaro's for the time being as they need a little too much fiddling to work with Curtis's brackets.

...These seats however, fit quite nicely!

Very snug fitting, clearly designed for Far East drivers!

I had the centerbores on the wheels enlarged by 1mm so they fit over the hub centers, but I didn't measure properly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif so the rears still need a small spacer.

Old fitment with spacers:

New fitment without spacers & slightly increased rear ride height:

Oh... and I've got back seats again! This is just the seat bases, but you should be able to get the jist of things - how many of you have fit a fridge in the backseat of your E39A? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brisvr4

So it was you in at Extreme commenting on my manifold was it Scotty? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking good mate, it's coming together nicely.

RedTwo

Dang, there's going to be some quick Magna's over there soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

fuel

I LOL'd!

brisvr4

Ok, so we have done a bit more work on my heap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The ERL manifold give heaps of room for water pipe clearance.

Mock up stage for dump.

All welded and heat wrapped!

4 inch cooler test mounted.

It JUST fits behind an uncut Jspec bar!

Close up of where we modified the end tanks. Both inlet and outlet clear the radiator support panel without having to cut any sheet metal.

These ramps made it a whole lot easier to work on it.

I'll add more when I have some decent shots of the new intake manifold etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

RedTwo

Damn, I could do with one of those car stand things....

I've got to fit driveshaft loops... you know, for when I produce so much torque that I snap the drive shaft....

brisvr4

Hahaha! I know the feeling. I'm going to have to fit them myself to pass Andra specs!
I have a half cage at home waiting to go in and a 6 point harness as well.
The list goes on and on!

brisvr4

Finally got it all together and running! Still need to run my new fuel feed line and set up the 044 pump etc but at least it's driveable again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Pardon the quality of the shots, phone camera ftl!

Catch can is set up with -12 lines feeding back into the intake.

Various other shots...

PTE 6262 with .82 rear and new ERL manifold

I'm loving how well it drives with the new S90 throttle body!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts