The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New life for 381! 4yr anniversary, Teins done, Simulated 430hp on Evo ECU

Flip4G63

you should hook the hubs up as well. mabey silver high temp brake spray paint?? would look teh hotness mabey replace the studs and have a brand new looking setup!!

381gvr4

^^^ Not worth it IMO. I'm just trying to prevent ROT from snow bunny duty. Hubs and studs will take alonggg time to rot away. I only replaced damage studs. PLUS will be covered by rotors and wheels/lugnuts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Last edited:

381gvr4

Subframe assembled!!!! Finished blasting/painting Sunday(big thanks to my friend SE-r Eric for blasting), installed new ball joints on lower control arms, refinished the AWS stuff, replaced one rear tie-rod, new sway bar end links. NEED to get my rear end cover so I can glass bead and install it with mustach brace. 4 bolt installed with 5-lug hubs. ALMOST THERE!!!!

Once I get the rear cover, I will install rear, frt hubs/brakes, put on wheels. Push her in the garage and finish install of trans, change out ABS prop/lines and bleed rear steer/brakes INSIDE as its getting cold here. Have to purchase frt and rear rotors to complete 381. This w/e is going to be shitty and I have a ton of work so.... stay tuned for install.

Last edited:

14u2nV

cool, mine is halfway there. I haven't been to eager to work on it lately, but my bushings are supposed to be here soon, so I need to get to work. Where did you get your ball joints? Did you replace anything on the steering components, or just clean up and reuse it all? I had to cut a couple lines, so I hope I can find replacements. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

381gvr4

I can send you a pic of what is still avail. from Mitsu. It was only 3 lines!!!! I was lucky and my lines were able to be saved. The other option is doing stainless and be done with it!!! Maybe next time. I used rust disolver/rust encaps/RUST tough finish. Only AWS part I replaced was the rt tie-rod which was shot. Should be good for 5 years or so I hope with NE winters.

I used MOOG ball joints I picked up off ebay cheap. TEL/G frts are whats used in the rear, top and bottom.

Good luck with your project!

Last edited:

14u2nV

That'd be cool. I may just have all new lines made, my dad is good friends with a guy that does hydraulic lines, so maybe he could help me out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif I have all the lines on my other car I could swap over if I need to.

I plan on doing the rust converter/encapsulator/chassis black on both subframes, with all new bushings and ball joints. Should be fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

381gvr4

The sub is back on!!! Got the cover, had my buddy blast and bead it, got the rear breather, new hardware and finished assembly. My buddy Matt and Darryl gave me a hand on getting her out of the garage and onto the jack. We lined her up and finished all the little stuff. Was excite to get the rear Evo9's on there. Doesn't look great obviously being in the air... need to slam it down. TEINS anyone??? FUTURE PLANS= Evo rear brakes, TEINS and SS exhaust. Have KYB's and 3" but will change them when time is right.

Little bit more to do. I'm rebuilding the DS before final assembly. Ordered the front 3kgt rotors, replaced ball joint boots up front. Had to decide if I was going to pull the front subframe for paint but ended up using the RAT ROD technique of used motor oil rub on rust spots to prevent more damage thru this winter. This coming spring I will finish the rest of the undercarage resto.

Looks good thou.... Need to install front hubs and brakes, then bleed. Install trans, axles, DS, and transfer case. Install the exhaust and bleed the rear steer- "FUN AT 55 ON JACKSTANDS BIATCH!!!!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Almost there. I CAN'T WAIT for DD duties to begin!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Can see the cleanliness ends at the DS hump.....

Tires remind me of my old Mustang. That had 245's but these 235's look big on this small car.....

Last edited:

14u2nV

Looks good, can't wait to get mine to that point. Cold weather and the lack of bushings that were supposed to be here already is really slowing me down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

VR4coop

The way things should be done. Good work man.

Thanks
Clint Cooper

Diego

marvelous omg you sir are a master and a legend on this setup... clean +1

Last edited by a moderator:

381gvr4

Thanks for the NICE comments!!!

Last edited:

381gvr4

Took the DS apart.... which took a few hours!!! Lots of heat and patience. Called Napa and they carry Federal Mogul u-joints. I'm going to check them out as they are instock at the warehouse which is 15mins from my house.

Ready for blasting...

More to come... have tomorrow off so I'm hoping to put the trans back in and get closer to driving!!!

Last edited:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gifWoW
good job bro /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I wanna see this thing on the ground.

very nice job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Sean92AWD

Russ i may have to swing down Saturday with my pile. Finally figured out my issue thank god. Gimmie a call i got a new phone and apparently it didnt save yours. Oh also the GSX i bought from you. Tony built it then the kid who bought it hardwired a stereo into it arced some wires and it burned to the ground. Sigh.

Russ, this is all the stuff I wanted to do with her, but couldn't as I didn't have the workspace at the time. If you ever have her back in SE PA I'd like to meet up and see her again. Looking fantastic so far!

mean_green

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

381gvr4

Thanks guys. Today is a (cough:cough)SICK day so work is paused for the next day or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I still may try to get the tranny in. NO painting thou as my head may explode. Thanks again guys!!!!! (going back to bed). Later!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned