The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New life for 381! 4yr anniversary, Teins done, Simulated 430hp on Evo ECU

4Grim

Dude..that is some awsome work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

That rear subframe looks soo good...just wow!

381gvr4

Just got my front 3kgt rotors. I stayed in bed all day sick and I'm itching to go out and finish up.... but... its raining. Rain+sick=FTL.

I must say, having fabbed big brake setups in the past....
$73 Rotors shipped
$80 Calipers picked-up
$119 Brackets shipped
$272= PRICELESS FTW!!!

Thanks GW for the write-up and brackets. Can't wait to see them on!!! BACK TO...BED!

Last edited:

mean_green

I looked into doing that big brake upgrade too, doesnt work out with the rims Im planning on rocking, good luck with the evo rims fitting.

The Evo 8/9 wheels will clear no problem, it's been done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif so no worries there. I must say I wish my car looked like this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

3rdstrikedsm

Lokks real good this is my exact winter project as well. I can hardly wait.

381gvr4

Quoting Garfield Wright:
I must say I wish my car looked like this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

WOW!!!! Thats a great compliment considering the 813 HOTTNESS!!!!!

When I'm done with work, I'm going to try to finish up some more. Have to work tomorrow and Sunday so.... we'll see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

381gvr4

She's on the ground!!! Had to work all w/e so nothing got done. Finished my work around 4 today and got busy!

My friend "D" gave me a hand in muscling up the trans. It took under a minute to get on the dowels, which I did NOT expect. Strap on top and one on the ground. Made rotating in easy. Bolted her on and got the starter and axles in. Put the knuckles, tie rods, brakets/calipers and rotors on, put on the wheels and DROPPED HER DOWN. Put the Civic out with cover so I can finish 381 with some heat. It was 31* when I shut the garage!!

Started attacking prop valve and lines to finish off ABS delete. Have to get the DS back and painted/finished, shift cables, clutch slave, trans fluid etc. before she's back on the road. Definitely by this w/e, DS blasting pending! Later.

Some pics.....

Definitely need some coilovers.....

Will look better with the stance corrected....

Made it inside!!!

CORRECTED STANCE IN MSPAINT.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

wow, looks beautiful, great job, wish i had the time and money to do somthing like that lol

381gvr4

ABS removal is done, trans tid-bits are done, braces back on. Went to the junkyard today and picked up a bump stop and boot as the DS was shot. Cut the springs half a coil for ride height. Didn't have a chance to put the wheels on due to having somewhere to be. Maybe have to take off some more. This will due until I can find some suspension.

Need to put back on wheels to check height, fill the trans, finish/install Driveshaft w/ t-case, bleed brakes and AWS... THATS IT!!! Saturday off to finish up.

These came in today.... don't know if I going to use the diamond star emblem before MMC badge... Photoshop!!!

Without Mitsu emblem.....

Or with....???

Last edited:

381gvr4

Thanks for the pic.... gives me a accurate starting point.- Russ

381gvr4

Stance is fixed. Cut 3/4 of a coil. Shouldn't hurt ride TOO bad as she used to drive extremely smooth. Pushed her outside to finish under side cleaing from the end of the hump, forward. Finished up alot.

All thats left is DS/t-case, AWS bleed and 1 more can of undercoating.
Then 500.... nice miles!

Also, Nov. 29th is the day I bought 381 last year. Hoping to celebrate with a long ride!!!

Needs a wash pretty bad........

Last edited:

Ralli380Gvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif great work. This is some serious inspiration. man, evo wheels just look at home on these things.

Last edited:

curtis

Quoting 381gvr4:
ABS removal is done, trans tid-bits are done, braces back on. Went to the junkyard today and picked up a bump stop and boot as the DS was shot. Cut the springs half a coil for ride height. Didn't have a chance to put the wheels on due to having somewhere to be. Maybe have to take off some more. This will due until I can find some suspension.

Need to put back on wheels to check height, fill the trans, finish/install Driveshaft w/ t-case, bleed brakes and AWS... THATS IT!!! Saturday off to finish up.

These came in today.... don't know if I going to use the diamond star emblem before MMC badge... Photoshop!!!

Without Mitsu emblem.....

Or with....???

PICTURES OF BIG BALLER 68 please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

381gvr4

OG!!!
No more SS badges.... looked tacky on a Sport Coupe. Original 327, floor shift car. Now has 402bb w/ 2 spd powerglide. Hate the 2spd as this is a sweet cruiser but you get on the highway and shes pretty tach'd. 400r to follow for next year!!!

curtis

Frinkin sweet right there son. Yea me likes. Rally wheels FTW period correct and all.

Glides are good for drag racing and shoe box novas but If it was mine I'd want a 6 speed but would de-value the car to pull the dash etc for the pedal assembly..and a six speed would cost a mint to find one to hold that motor and torque.

381gvr4

^^^ This car I actually co-own with my mother. It was bought, not built(engine bay needs to be corrected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) She had a 68 back then and wanted to find another. Ofcoarse I was game!! A friend of mine has a 69' that is in a barn at his dad's and we put a deposit on that at first. His dad flipped that after years of waiting, his son wanted to get rid of it. We did the math and the timeline then decided to find a nicely restored car to get in and drive. She needs upgrades like brakes(4 wheel drums/no power) and trans swapped out. Someday, LSX swap with 6-speed would be sick!!!! But for now- no more than 300hp and auto for Mama!!! She actually never drove it this year but I got alot of time with her!!!!

381 update....
Found front and rear mud flaps in ok shape. Spent some time on them and repaired rubber, fixed brackets and painted with bumper black. Have to put on fronts still but they look sick!!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts