The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New life for 381! 4yr anniversary, Teins done, Simulated 430hp on Evo ECU

^^^ i know i am. I got tranny, paint, and wheel bearing issues that i still need to take care of.

381gvr4

Don't be jealous!!! This is what all of us could do, even noob's who GVR4 is their first tuner. I work a full time job, have a girl(who hates my cars and the computer) and do 1hr or 2 or 3 everyday or so. I LOVED Lego's as a kid. This is my adult fix...... I'm 26 and have a large group of car frinds so growing up and learning cars I always had a "think tank" for getting problems fixed. I had a 85 mustang when I was 15 and by 16 I had wracked up enogh repairs to say I'll never pay again. Just don't be afriad to take it apart, remember(take pics) of how it goes back together and be ambitious enough to put it back together. I also worked in a service shop as a writer but was always dirty...... I LOVE cars and if I could, I'd have tons of them with a hugh shop. But for now, a fair amount a tools and fab but still a two bay home garage. sh*t my Galant is being built outside cuz the garage is full.... thats a first.... GET TO WORK!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gvr4-330

What did you use to paint the calipers?

Rob

381gvr4

Ceramic caliper paint. Takes aprox. 7 days to cure.- Russ

Very nice Russ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. Brackets were shipped today.

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Everytime I pulled something off of 1051 to work on or to get access to other parts, I would clean or refinish. Eventually, the car ended up the way it is now.

I remember when I pulled the rear subframe and undercoated the underbody and repainted all the suspension and stuff. Makes a big difference. Great work!

381gvr4

^^^^ There it is!!! 1051 = end product. The pics on jack stands sums up the main goal, corrosion correction and prevention. Great looking car Turbowop!!! No time to get out there today.... just ordered Eastwood stuff. Wheels 10/16!!

381gvr4

Ordered my parts from JNZ today.
Front bearing kits w/ seal and splash shields, rear inner/outer seals, 2 non-abs lines that are still avail., new rear sway bar endlinks, one rear tie rod, new 4bolt cover-breather- plugs- hardware and pinion/axle seals, grill clips, and lastly some wheel studs!!!

It hurt to drop $$ on this stuff as this was my biggest expense!!! Had to be done for maintance purpose. List is now.... Non-Abs prop valve and 2 lines, 3kgt front rotors and dsm rear rotors. Thats it!!! Now get the prep/paint done so when the parts arrive, I can get on to assembly.

Last edited:

381gvr4

Went down to my buddies shop and he gave me a hand or sand with the cleanup.... Made some sheetmetal block offs for pump and axles. Only the rear p/s pump gear and the case is going to be used so I'm not worried about media as its now going to be washed before paint. More later....

381gvr4

Calipers brackets are here- Thanks again GW!

381gvr4

The wheels are here!!! More camber wear than described but should be good for more abuse with an alignment.

Broke down rear subframe and put final coat on rear steer housing. Now it will take 48hrs to cure. Felt a little, WTF last night when I realized how much more is left before all comes back together. The ceramic frame paint takes 72hrs to dry too. Hopefully my buddy Mark can blast some spots on rear subframe to save time. Going to clean and degrease that tonight in preperation.

I have not even started to restore rear steering stuff. May just make stainless lines for rear but going to findout pricing from MITSU first. May be $8-15 per line.

Heres some MORE pics.....

striped sub...

Wheel teaser....

Rear housing with final coat of paint. Hopefully parts are here for Saturday so I can put it back together.

Any locals want to help with paint prep???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Thats how the brotherhood works out West!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Later.

Wheels should look great with camber and assuming it's ran that low /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

381gvr4

W/E update.

Pressed off/on rear steering pump gear onto LSD rear diff. Still waiting for parts to put rear end back together.

Plugged rear abs sensor hole on rear trailing arms. Found lug stud ends pressed right in. Then I welded and ground flat.

I'm at the merchy of my friend Mark to get this stuff blasted. Started to clean up rear sub, but most rust is in places where only sand blasting can get. Once rear sub is painted/cured, it should come together quick. Hoping for assembly next w/e.

Last edited:

Quoting 381gvr4:

Wheel teaser....

your GVR4 looks like my GGSX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nice job btw.

and you have a PM

381gvr4

My friend Eric called Mark(original guy blasting)and I yesterday to say come to his work and use the "real" blasters. This thing was 10ft in diam. and blasted this stuff in about a hour!!!! Put some primer on and tomorrow the ceramic gloss chassis paint goes on!!!! Parts here Monday or Tuesday. Have no rear end cover because NLA and thru mine out as I thought a new one was on its way. Oh well..... This week will be the time to assemble and next w/e install. More to come.....

My drying spot......

Last edited:

381gvr4

Eg with B16B Civic Type r motor- turbo. That WAS my on going 5yr project thats now on the back burner. Has ALOT of parts thrown at it!!!!!! Interior is all ITR including dash and custom door panels. 5-lug, 13" Brembos, custom wide front fenders(1 of 4 sets). Fully built head for 9700rpm shifts when driven. Polished EVERYTHING- rad., intake maniofld, piping, distributor, motor mounts...blah,blah,blah. I literally put on like 3k a year. She may be up for sale someday soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif.... I need to finish tune with Neptune RTP setup and paint exterior. I had already bought paint for her but got side tracked. Some OLD pics from 05'.....
Back when rolled on S2g's and my custom hand rolled fenders....

Can see my old WRB 2.5rs rollin' on fctory goldies in reflection on door..... I miss that car.....

Finished interior from this year....

Last edited:

strokin4dr

I love my Neptune RTP. It is so much better than the tuning options we have for the galant without going full standalone. If dsmlink v3 isnt on par with Neptune, I will be selling my dsmlink to go with an AEM EMS. Neptune has spoiled me!!!

381gvr4

Glossin'....... Took my lunch break to put the chassis paint on as it take 3 days to cure!!!! Glossy......

No UPS yet with parts..... more when I finish work for the day and head out to the garage.....

381gvr4

Reassembly has begun. Need to blast and paint lower control arms, press in Ball joints and get a rear end cover for it to be ready to go back on the car. Still need to assemle rear end and install on subframe, too. Progress has slowed waiting on parts. Maybe NEXT WEEKEND it will be ready for reinstallation..... more to come this w/e.........

Before...

After... rust "TERMINATED"....

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts