The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New life for 381! 4yr anniversary, Teins done, Simulated 430hp on Evo ECU

Hertz

Staff member
Factory JDM would be the star and MMC badges. Someone on here sourced some all-chrome stars which I intend to use in place of the red badge.

381gvr4

^^ I think I'm going to use (MMC VR4) as no one will know what kind of car it is. Used fishing line to "cut" adhesive yesterday. It petrified on there. Need some goo-gone and a heat gun to finish.

Had a great day for interest rates and an application at 7 so wont make it in the garage today. Tommorow should be lite, pre-holiday.

Brianawd

Quote:
Federal Mogul u-joints

Not a good idea.

That parts of a federal mogul u-joint circled.

381gvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifOuch... thank you for the heads up. I still didn't get the DS back from my freind Eric who sandblasting for me. He isn't charging me so I can't complain. Will call Mitsu tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
Ouch... thank you for the heads up. I still didn't get the DS back from my freind Eric who sandblasting for me. He isn't charging me so I can't complain. Will call Mitsu tomorrow

Mitsu is going to be between $68-$91 for a ujoint. But if you order a slip yoke for the tcase its like 48 and comes with the ujoint so just order 3 slip yokes the ujoint is the same for all 3.

Brianawd

try this part #MR470072 when you call

381gvr4

All back together. Need to bleed the AWS and get it aligned then DD will begin. Took some more pics. Muffler that was on the car, got cleaned up and polished. Will take some action pics when I detail her again.

The front subframe and lower control arms will be blasted and painted next spring/summer. WANT but will wait for a deal I can't pass up will be coilovers and SS exhaust.

Last edited:

381gvr4

Long time coming update!!!!!

Money has been tight with holidays and being paid once a month makes it tough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif!!!
Finally I'm ready for reg. and all wheel alighment.

Took her on her maiden voyage today, after all the major updates (LSD /ABS removal/ Input shaft issue/ 3kgt brakes/ etc.). Drove it unreg'd and not align'd(close but not great). LSD works mint, no AWS leaks and awd burnout in my driveway, wet, that ended with steaming tires and staying in one place!!!

Did some more upgrades over the past few weeks.....

Rear mud flaps. Have fronts still to do.....

All washed up after my abuse....

Aftermarket WRX dead pedal that I had for YEARS (for my 2.5rs back when I had it-just never installed).

Starion Headrests...... craigshelper.com FTW $50 shipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MMC VR4 badges done.....

I have a horrible week ahead at work not to mention a A4 of a friend that snapped a timing belt getting towed here to contend with. When I do get this thing set, I'll grab some vids of her terrorizing the streets of CT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick (14bCrazy) has a A/C for her that I'm picking up in a few weeks, so yet again, more to come!!!!! Keep wrenchin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

So I just read all 6 pages of this and I must say you are doing a truly amazing job. I would to have the space, time, and connections to do something like this. The car looks amazing though keep up the good work.

4wheelsqueal

Awesome build!! Wish mine looked this good...

381gvr4

Update to come soon.....

-Ingles camber kit
-A/C
-Vids
-More small items........

Need to port Oil Filter housing today. Have broken 500 mile mark on build and want to start ripping. Oil pressure spikes to the 125psi range a WOT. Have to pull Crank pully and pull back timing cover to remove oil filter housing, correct (F*ck). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DailyDSM

Could be worse. I had to pull my just recently finished stroker out of 381/1k due to a spun thrust bearing after 50 miles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Hopefully you have better luck with 381/2k

mitsu90

The car look great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Wish I had a garage so I could make my GVR4 silky smooth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

i think its my dream to have a garage(or any space) where i can spend countless hours taking apart and dorking with a car i love. one day sweet love. one day.

looks like a blast and great job. i dont think i could ever be that meticulous, but damn it id like to try.

381gvr4

Put on about 3k miles but lost my 2nd alternator. Its been in my shop sitting and I've been driving my truck. Still under 100k so might as well enjoy every mile instead of whip through them. I went over board and now I don't want to DD it anymore. Had this happen more than once........

I took 381 on its first mission to R.I. for a surf trip. No problems and awesome on the highway cruising. Real quiet and well manored. I haven't even had it alighned yet, just done with bubble level at home. I got great gas milage and didn't have one issue.

The A/C hasn't been installed yet due to not having the line that runs across the firewall. Also interested how this will mingle with the FMIC.

Going to do the Saturn alternator swap most likely to try to solve this reoccuring issue. I have a block in my garage to use for mock up. Going to see if its possible to make a bracket to hold altenator without the grining on either block&cover/alt. I'm going to try to make it to the junkyard Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:

Nice, the car's looking good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif. How cold was the water?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts