The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

GSX_TC

Well the day has finally come to where I obtain my dream wheels for this car! I love the fitment this is perfect!! I couldn't be happier with these.

I wanna give a BIG thank you to Mike Collins and Tim Oaster up at FIST racing for installing the Coilovers and always working on my cars, and to Charles Back for giving me a good deal on the BC racing Coilovers, and to my boy Alex Ruiz for hooking me up with the Bridgestone Potenza RE760's and to David and Minh from Garage Nowin for sourcing out these amazing wheels for me.

CutlassJim

Not my style wheel but they fit the car well. What were the final specs anyway?

GSX_TC

Thank you. They are 18X8.5 +37

Jesus_Negros

Wheels look good. Now, lose the pedobear and advan stickers.

prove_it

And let's see a dyno sheet of the manifold! Still waiting to hear results.

fuel

the rear wheels almost look like they have positive camber? I think the rear could do with a little more low and negative camber to just tuck the tyre into the fender.

I can't believe I'm saying this.. but that VR-4 is starting to look real nice. Just needs a god damn exhaust system now! (and maybe fix that sagging front bumper too)

GSX_TC

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
The wheels look great, Mike. No way those are going to clear big brakes without spacers, though.

Eh if they won't clear then I don't mind running spacers and maybe rolling the fenders a bit as well.

Quoting fuel:
the rear wheels almost look like they have positive camber? I think the rear could do with a little more low and negative camber to just tuck the tyre into the fender.

I can't believe I'm saying this.. but that VR-4 is starting to look real nice. Just needs a god damn exhaust system now! (and maybe fix that sagging front bumper too)

Yep good eye Phillip. The entire suspension is way out of whack at the monent after getting the Coilovers installed, Wednesday I'll be getting it all straight. And I too was thinking it needs a bit of negative camber in the rear because it has too much positive camber in the rear at the moment. Wednesday is my only day off this week from the 2nd job so I'll be using my off time to get the suspension setup.

Quoting ApexHunter:
Looking good Mike!

Thanks David!

Quoting prove_it:
And let's see a dyno sheet of the manifold! Still waiting to hear results.

Quoting 89Patches:
When ja go'n to swap in dat mad aluminum rod motar & tranny and make some mad jamz on dat mad corn juices man?!?!?

It's a slow progression because of me wanting to fix the GTR and might be getting into the 2JZ life soon as well. But in time all the parts will all go in the VR4 at once. I still wanna get a curt brown built head to top off that setup, and might ditch the no name brand ram horn manifold and get a top mount quality piece like I always wanted. I'm in no hurry also because I know once the aluminum Rod motor goes in I really gotta limit my long distance driving apparently lol.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Thank you! Yeah these are my dream wheels, you have no idea how long I've been waiting to put these on Samara haha, just never could afford them. Lol

Jesus_Negros

2JZ life?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSX_TC

Yes. Might start playin with those now too.

Jesus_Negros

Supra's? Or swaps?

G

Staff member
Looks good man. Are they hub-centric? Are they s1 2 piece? Are they o-disks? I believe +38 and beyond are o-disk. You have to get some better lug nuts, something open ended. I think your car would look better with out a rear spoiler as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Thanks, they fit perfectly. They are S1 3-piece, and O-disk yes. I was already planning on getting some nice Work lug nuts. And I hate the wingless look on these cars. Besides, I still have my real oem AMG wing to install. That's also just sitting on my shelf for another day.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned