The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

prove_it

Spoken like a true fan club president.

Gizmovr4

My thought - If the current motor is on the way out and nothing including the head will be reused for the next built .... crank up the power !!! you may get surprised by what you already have !! If it blows up - no big deal you already have a new motor for it anyhow.

You should maximize your setup as you build the car - then you can see how much benefit you get from adding new parts!

What I see here is someone that adds new parts without knowing if the new parts perform better that the existing parts that are already on the car!

I will give you an example - This year I will be switching from a homemade intake manifold (ran 9s) to a magnus v3 - I know how my current manifold performed - adding the new manifold at this point gives me a direct comparison! For all I know I may be switching back to my homemade manifold, not because its a better built part but because it "worked better for my setup" . What I'm trying to say is each setup is unique and different, what works for one guy may not work for someone else! The only way to know what you have is to max out "your setup" - then add parts to enhance "your setup"

this car has come a long way - its got enough hardware!! Its time to see some performance from it !!

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Aren't these intake manifolds meant to perform at much higher RPM, than most people get their motors to on the streets for any length of time?

I will always be drawn to the look of certain parts, but when I drive my car, I have to hold to the reality that these cars are not meant to

operate for any great length of time in a certain RPM window and come home with few issues.

So, at what point are the all the parts going to light things up? I am curious to know at what point you guys figure this is going spool up and start

producing. If the RPM power band is going to be roughly the same and when it lights up too, then it's merely an aesthetic upgrade, which is fine.

Just wondering if potentially blowing up a motor would be good for all the parts that are staying on the car? Won't little bits shoot past the exducer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I'm not here to weigh in, I'm just wondering what the process is for the car currently. It's overwhelming to say the least, when it comes to power bands,

and tuning. No harm in getting someone else that is qualified to get things up and going for you.

GSX_TC

Well for the 2nd time now some moderator on here is abusing their deleting powers and immaturely deleting my threads talking about how i just picked up an R32 Skyline GTR in the anything goes section.. Smh and the hate begins. I wish I could just go and take something of theirs that they spent time doing, kinda feels like I was robbed in a sense. And what's even sad is I bet it is a grown ass man doing it. Got nothing better to do then f*** with me. Pathetic.

GSX_TC

Anyways, I'll just put the sh*t here in my own godamn build thread since I can't post my newest purchase in the anything goes section...

Here is my 1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, it's Gunmetal Grey and has 79k miles on it and has working a/c as well. I paid 24k for this car and bought it from Dustin who works up at Rivsu Imports. It was his personal car, it's fairly stock minus a few Nismo parts, Mines tuned ECU, catback, and N1 headlights. Right now she's in Sanford Florida awaiting her arrival to Houston Texas on April 18th 2015. I'm super excited and can't wait to start driving it around. I Finally obtained another Dream car that I've wanted since I was a kid.

Rivsu first quoted me 680 to transport her here and said if I could find a better price then have at it, so I found a carrier that would do it for 502. Rivsu had no problem with that. Then I figured while she was up there and how they have oem gunmetal grey in stock id get them to go ahead and paint the front lip to match the rest of the car, because they came stock unpainted black plastic, and I like them better painted, so while she was gettin paint I had them fix a small dent that was on the driver fender as well.

So these pics will be in order of before it got painted up to a shot taken yesterday after getting detailed.

GSX_TC

GSX_TC

Well this is my own build thread and that would be pretty fucked up if they/he did that. Editing my word of voice in a sense. Taking away parts of my story. But I'm prepared for this if they do so.

mitsuturbo

Not even a mitsubishi. ZFG.
What gives you the slightest inclination anyone here gives a squirt of piss about your nissan?

jnava

Staff member
jevert... I will take you up on that. So, when you get a chance, paypal me.

LIV4PSI

I bet it keeps getting deleted because doesnt actually have the car yet. Not that I agree with that logic

Jesus_Negros

Probably EH, he's like the most retarded, petty, and pussyfied mod I've ever seen here.

ApexHunter

Mike, congrats buddy. I bet you can't sleep you're so excited. Only a few more days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's definitely one of the cleaner ones that i've seen. They're popping up all over the place in the last year or so and a lot of them look pretty gross.

EHmotorsports

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Probably EH, he's like the most retarded, petty, and pussyfied mod I've ever seen here.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

EHmotorsports

I look forward to seeing the progress of the build Mike.

GSX_TC

Quoting ApexHunter:
Mike, congrats buddy. I bet you can't sleep you're so excited. Only a few more days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's definitely one of the cleaner ones that i've seen. They're popping up all over the place in the last year or so and a lot of them look pretty gross.

Thanks David! Yep just counting down the days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting EHmotorsports:
I look forward to seeing the progress of the build Mike.

Thanks Evan

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned