The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

89Mirageman

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Not even a mitsubishi. ZFG.
What gives you the slightest inclination anyone here gives a squirt of piss about your nissan?

I'm a diehard Mitsu guy first but I truly love all cars. I for one have no issues with him posting up pics and his progress of the car. Hell, I have posted my last few builds in AG and they were eagles or plymouths. Sure they were built by Mitsubishi but still.

transparentdsm

congrats on the car!!! that thing is going to be amazingly fun to drive. i got to drive a RHD MR2, back in 2005, that a friend and i converted and its so much fun to drive a RDH car. your going to get the craziest looks from people when your cruising in the car alone. go around some sharper turns with people behind you and have your friend in the passenger seat stick his head and arms out the window and start screaming. peoples reactions will be priceless.

GSX_TC

Haha thanks man

JNR

Nissan > Mitsubishi anymore...not sure what the games are all about, but seen worse here, lol. Gotta roll with it I guess.

Anyhow, as I mentioned in the other thread, I could never do RHD but do like those cars and wished they had brought them here. There must've been some LHD country they were exported to?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I don't think there were LHD of these, at least not that I have seen. Germany would be the only market I could think of.

JNR

Yeah, if not there maybe Italy or Russia or the Middle East, like Saudi, but not sure I'd want to be doing much business there these days!

EDIT - I know countries that were under British rule at one time or another are RHD, but didn't realize how many countries are LHD, even so...neat map from wiki:

2000px-Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg.png

Obviously red LHD, Blue RHD.

Can't imagine any countries changing over after their "ruling lease" was up though? Meaning in the last 30-40 years, for them to be exported. I know Japanese cars can get huge tariffs on them in some places, so maybe not common.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Transport service guy just called, said my GTR might be coming thisThursday at any given time!!!

prove_it

Drove a RHD saturn 5 spd at Wyotech. It was built for mail carriers. Super awkward shifting. I looked like a new driver, lol.

transparentdsm

my biggest thing was when shifting sometimes my right hand would jerk the wheel thinking it should be shifting, but that was a mental thing that went away.

GSX_TC

I had no problem driving RHD for the first time, it was when I was stationed in Okinawa Japan, I drove an R32 GTR for the first time and loved it. I never knew that I'd actually get the privilege to own one someday. It felt like that was how it was meant to be, I was so comfortable with it that I was even recording with one hand. Driving an R32 GTR

Last edited:

89Mirageman

^Never realized the headlight/wipers were reversed too. Always assumed that part was the same on LHD and RHD.

brisvr4

RHD is easy... It's LHD that's tricky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

But of an update: Stupid carrier people didn't even bring the correct trailer for a low car and were unable to load the GTR up, and now the person who has the car has to go out of town for nearly 2 weeks, FML just can't get a break....

So the around April 29th we'll try this again and hopefully these fools show up with a low car friendly car hauler and not some tall trailer with a compilation of ramps.

prove_it

No offense, but that sounds like a rich person problem.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thomcasey

Greyhound there, drive it back. Easy-peasy.

slugsgomoo

interesting thing about that LHD/RHD chart, while Nepal drives on the wrong side of the road (even though they were never a colony, and kicked the ass of the British), most of the cars I saw/rode in there were LHD, even though they drove on the left.

[/trivia]

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hmm, my daughter's roommate is from there. I will have to ask here about that. She doesn't drive here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned