The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Or are you a hilarious juan?

GSTwithPSI

Y'all got me twisted. I like my new title. I've been trying to get into the Mike V fan club for a while now. I was just pointing out it wasn't very clever compared to some of the other examples I've seen, which in turn, I attributed to the noob mods being unoriginal. Wasn't trying to spark any butt hurt.

Evan be on a power trip deleting all my flaccid posts tho...

Jesus_Negros

Stop crying Brett. EH, is just stretch'n and flex'n for the time being.

prove_it

This has to be the longest build thread with the least amount of actual work done to a car.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Quoting slugsgomoo:

Honestly I feel bad for Mike, he pays a tuner, gets a good number there and then gets consistent based numbers on every other dyno. I think it's time to get someone like Lucas English, fathouse or Brad brooks to tune the car and figure out wtf is wrong.

I agree with this. Time to get another person tuning the car that can get some more of its potential power out of it. I'm not that great at tuning, and was clicking off 13.4's at 100mph on a small 16g with piggybacks (SAFC and SITC). Input that into any 1/4 mile calculator with a vehicle weight of 3480 (which is what the car weighed with me in it per a truck scale) and it equates to about 270-280whp. This was at an elevation of over 4000ft.

Something is currently VERY wrong with the tune on this car.

prove_it

Agreed, for what it's worth Mike. I really want to see the logs buddy. I was making 320whp on a S16G. I really wanna see it Mike. I wanna help you out.

jnava

Staff member
Quoting iceman69510:
Or are you a hilarious juan?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

Aw man, I kinda liked my old title. Oh well, it's kinda funny.

GSX_TC

Finally got my custom one off CNC billet DVDTFAB intake manifold! Not only is this the very first one of these ever made in nearly complete billet by CNC but it'll be the first time ever combined with the new 74mm Billet S90 Throttle body as well. I'll be using this with my new aluminum Rod 10-5-1 motor. Big thanks to Albert Raczynski of Machined Concepts for this one of a kind manifold.

GSX_TC

Next up, is the Curt Brown head. Then I'll have all what I need motor wise.

Jesus_Negros

What's this motor you speak of?

turbowop

It's a 10-5-1 motor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/keke.gif

So what's with a new motor already? It'd be nice to see you put up north of 300whp on this one first. But whatevs, yer car...

G

Staff member
GSXtc, was wondering how much that intake cost?

Tre3zy

yea whats with the new motor build already? and aluminum rod with 10.5 pistons? you sure you can handle that? lol

GSX_TC

Yeah I bought Chris Ginev's motor from his car. And I'm about to get a Shep stage 3. The current motor is slowly dying, I'll run it till as long as I can though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned