The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

LIV4PSI

Battery hold down is definitely upside down. I can't figure out how those zip ties are even attached to the fan. And strut bars are for race cars and posers

Last edited:

bobdole

Looking good Mike. Keep it up.

Jesus_Negros

Also your gates sticker is peeling off.

89Mirageman

Boy, somebody sure spilled some Hatorade in here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Looks good Mike!

jogalant

Actually, that battery bracket looks like it works for both shorter than standard (which is what the yellow one looks like) or standard/tall batteries. Just flip the damn thing. If it does the job w/o the battery moving and also looking fugly....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

The strap is meant to go over the sides of the battery to prevent it from moving. I have the exact same Moroso battery box. But I use a red top Optima.

GSX_TC

Haven't changed the emusa one for a Tial yet , haven't had a chance to put on the bC's yet either. Yeah I like to use those fan tie things. Haven't had a problem with them yet. Eventually I'd like to get some front and rear cusco strut bars later on down the line. And I'll try flipping that battery hold down bar but as of now it doesn't move or anything. Thanks for the tips guys. I don't see any hating, just suggestions and questions.

LIV4PSI

Mike, nothing is wrong with using the fan zip ties, they just aren't being used properly. There should be plastic mounting brackets that slide into the slots on the side I your fan. They are missing on yours, but that is where the zip ties goes.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

And the gates sticker

GSX_TC

Ahh ok, yeah I don think I eve had those before.

GSX_TC

I don't wanna take it off so I know which hoses I need, I suppose I could write it down somewhere but then when it comes time to change it I'll be looking everywhere trying to find what part numbers they originally were.

mitsuturbo

When you install the BC's, i suggest NOT trying to use the mounting bracket things that come with the suspension for the rear brake lines. Here's why:
1. they're awful
B. they're awful
3. they don't really work
4. they're weak and easy to bend
7. they're awful

Here's how i did it. click

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

^^You mean when he pays to have his mechanic install them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike, I had to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GSX_TC

Lol Craig, thanks for the tip Anthony I'll be sure to do something just like that when I have them installed and set up.

GSTwithPSI

hat2h.jpg

GSX_TC

Big thanks to Ed Dobryzn (Blufalcon) for selling me this carbon fiber gauge pod that mounts to the factory driver side speaker panel on the dash.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

I listen to the music of my engine =)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned