The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

LIV4PSI

The large bar is where the front engine mount attaches. The other two bars are the North South bars that connect to it

Wookalar

Ok I will offer a better solution than having to remove the bar in order to remove the drain plug.

Here Mike, get this drain valve. I have had this thing since I bought the vr4. I got it so I wouldnt wear out the aluminum threads on the moroso oil pan.

click

If you have an aluminum pan, install the valve with one of those paper washers and a small amount of the mitsubond gasket sealant at the base of the threads and you will never need to remove it or that bar again, and it will never leak. If you have a regular oem or similar steel pan, just use a copper washer. You can even stick a rubber hose on the valve nipple and royte the hose to your oil catch pan. Unless this vavle sticks out enough to where it wont allow the bar to bolt up then you are SOL.

Since I put that valve on it hasnt leaked a drop from there ever, going on six years now.

Last edited:

diambo4life

The bar can be bolted to another spot where it will be out of the way of the oil drain plug. I have the same 3-piece and I keep forgetting to move mine. The N-S bars are adjustable fwiw.

Coyotes. That setup gives more room in the GVR4 engine bay. They are also lighter than the stock counterparts.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Paul doesn't make a 3 piece kit does he?

GSX_TC

Here's a pic of how it looks under there for anyone that wants to see.

GSX_TC

In this pic the gusset wasn't there but it's installed currently.

GSX_TC

Long time since an update, car has been running great but started leaking at the water pipe due to it being old and corroded so I Got some brand new oem ones. I would like to replace it before our trip to the shootout and have Mike at FIST weld on the an fittings on it again. Went ahead and got a second one for the 91 GSX as well, these are kinda hard to come by.

SSGdave

Quoting GSX_TC:
Here's a pic of how it looks under there for anyone that wants to see.

OH HAY! I was just looking at one of these. Was considering buying it.
What are your impressions of it?

GSX_TC

Holding up pretty well so far. I should of powder coated it though because the paint isnt holding up, and you have to remove one of the bars in order to remove the oil drain plug.

prove_it

I kept looking at that pic and kept saying, damn what's missing? There is something there that is missing, then I remembered.

No exhaust.

GSX_TC

Yep that's an old pic. Here's what it currently looks like with the newly fabbed down pipe.

prove_it

Damn, that plug really does sit right there above the brace huh?

GSX_TC

Bout a half inch, the mishimoto magnetic drain plug head is a bit bigger then the oem one as well.

prove_it

If you ever have the pan off, I would have a nut welded on to the side and have the O.E. hole welded up. Basically move the plug over a bit. Make it easier.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned