The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

IncorpoRatedX

well, that doesnt look out of place or anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Got some more small stuff in for the VR4, got my ABS delete kit, valve cover gasket set, stainless o/2 bung, and flange and clamp to make a dump tube for the wastegate. Big Thanks to Craig (LIV4PSI) for the ABS delete kit.

GSX_TC

Got the rest of my fuel system in today!!! Fuel Lab FPR with install kit and 818 series -6an Filter kit with 40 Micron reusable stainless filter element for E85 use. Big thanks to Maperformance and Extreme PSI.

GSX_TC

BIG Thanks to Crushed Vinyl for this awesome pic of my engine bay this Sunday at IFO!

GSX_TC

Got my new Turbo for the VR4!!! BIG thanks to Dave Nugent for selling me his BNIB Forced Performance HTA3586R!! 75 pounds per minute here I come! Now just gotta put this baby on the VR4 then have Chris Delgado at D3 Performance Engineering work his magic on the Dyno and get her tuned on E85. =)

GSX_TC

It was basically toast, had lots of shaft play. I expected that eBay turbo to die anyway. It'll be finding it's way to the trash can very soon.

89Patches

Great choice! Now you just need a intake manifold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Oh and are you still going top mount or no??

mitsuturbo

Quoting GSX_TC:
It was basically toast, had lots of shaft play. I expected that eBay turbo to die anyway. It'll be finding it's way to the trash can very soon.

I'm curious as to how long it lasted, being an ebay turbo. Also, what kind of turbo was it?

GSX_TC

Quoting 89Patches:
Great choice! Now you just need a intake manifold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Oh and are you still going top mount or no??

Yep intake manifold is on the to do list eventually. Gonna either get a JMFab drag or Magnus cast. Will go top mount eventually too.

GSX_TC

Thanks Tom! =)

While the car is down for mods, I got bored and cleaned up a few things today under the car =)

GSX_TC

Thank you sir! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BpuVR4

Quoting GSX_TC:

I was a Happy Camper that day haha, anything with asian girls makes me happy =)

that All Trac looks awesome...would've loved one in black. As a 2nd gen MR2 fan, I remember asking on here what you guys thought of them vs the VR4 and everyone pretty much said it was harder to work on.

Mike hope you made those girls wipe their prints off your car!

GSX_TC

Got my Fuel system installed!

Then got the down pipe switched to Vband for the new turbo

Then got my wastegate dump tube all fabbed up

Then modified the water pipe for -6an for the turbo

She's getting there!! =)

very clean car. love it what you doing MIKE

coyotes

Pretty sexy, makes me want to throw mine in the trash.

just kidding, I love mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

will this car replace 1051 as the jesus christ of galant vr4s?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned