The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quite possibly a build thread..

GSTwithPSI

Jesus. I've never see so much win contained in a single post in my life.

The wheels turned out amazing. And that Duc...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

Stern's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

15psi88

Thanks, but those wheels aren't actually mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I came across them for sale and thought it was cool that they were the same colors I'm doing mine. I mean, I am a little upset that there is another set like mine. Like I said though, they don't have the valve stem cutouts welded shut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Thanks for the props guys. You probably don't realize what a little bit of encouragement does for motivation!

JamesFoster

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. This is the coolest f***ing build. I absolutely love the attention to detail, and small custom parts stuff. What do you do for a living? Would you like an apprentice? I want to make cool little stuff for my car...

15psi88

I'm a service writer at an independent auto repair shop. Amateur fabricator, at best on the weekends. I don't know about needing an apprentice but if you wanna bring a case of beer we can make all the sh*t you want.

15psi88

So I realize these couple pics are sh*t, but I wanted to update this thread.
I've started working on the car again. Knocking out all the small details to make all this stuff work that I have been dreading.
I took a pretty good hiatus when I got the Ducati because I really didn't care about anything else but that bike for the past year.

I got a new daily that I had been playing with recently, so that didn't help with the focus either. I took a position managing a body shop at a Chevrolet dealer here in town. Things have been hectic, but I'm really excited about the Galant again. So much so, I've literally been losing sleep.

The radiator never fit right under the re shaped upper tie bar. It looked okay in the pictures, but certainly not done. That's sorted now so I was able to work on the oil cooler fittings that are WAY tight to the face of the radiator. I ended up ordering 18mm turbo coolant banjo fittings, with adapters to 6an. I was forced to weld the original bungs up and tapping the oil cooler to suit. I've got the 93 grille trimmed out, primed, and new hexagonal mesh fitted. btw- Anyone know where to get a new badge for the 93 grille? I dicked it up letting the little diamonds dry above the wood stove after painting them black. It was hotter than I anticipated ha ha
Anyway, I got a bunch of sh*t done that was a pain in the ass, but doesn't really photograph well.

I ordered a billet valve cover, so I figured it was time to knock out the catch can. A few in progress pictures here. The top side is tacked into place now. I want to wait to get the valve cover before I finalize hose lengths and really tidy it up. I know it looks busy, but it's a necessary evil. I have two 8an hoses off the intake tube for vacuum.
The two 10an hoses off the valve cover gets stepped down to 8an as well. Finally, I have a 6an hose running to the balance shaft port on the back of the block. Which I think is pictured above somewhere. 6an is smaller than I want, but I don't want to drill the block out with out taking off the current oil pan. I fully expect the oil pan to come off by itself in a glorious display of catastrophic failure, probably due to a shitty tune on my part.
However, that is when I intend to put the 2.3L in which has an enlarged hole.

Oh, you can see the coolant overflow is finished now. The three holes in the front are actual portholes into the can to act as sight glasses.
I think that really concludes most of the major fabrication. So, now I'm able to take it apart yet again. This time for final paint and body work- AND THAT I'm really looking forward to.

The new daily I mentioned. It's just a 1.8, but it is awd.

ApexHunter

About damn time! Glad to hear you are getting back on it. Hopefully you can leverage your new job to help with the paint/body here. Anyway, looking good, particularly the grille and "lamps"/compressor inlet strategy.

Last edited:

15psi88

I did a front mount,3" turbo back,pod filter,and a boost gauge. 255's on all 4 corners on 17" a8 Wheels. Just an ebay knockoff bumper.

jeverts

Good job man, I have always been jealous of people that can hand fabricate. Its one thing that I wish I could do.

15psi88

I didn't forget the pics. However, none of them are worth sharing.
The good news is this weekend I cleaned it up and had my buddy shoot a couple pics with a good camera. He's got to edit them yet.

Not a massive update for this weekend, got side tracked a bit making a sign.

My new office is not marked, and customers don't know where to go when they come in. I asked my boss about having a decal cut to put on the door. He mentioned maybe having a sign to hang above the door so it may be a little more noticeable. I agreed, and he finished the conversation with, "now we just need to get someone to make it" I was like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I sent him a picture of the sign today and asked him if he was trying to insult me when he pretended we'd have someone else make the damn thing.
He "had no idea I made stuff like that" Anyway, he likes it and is going to let me hang it up. So that's a plus.

I worked on details today.

Finish welded the intake bungs

Now that's fitment-

Mdlimy

Probably my favorite build, really appreciate the quality fabrication!

15psi88

Thanks dude! I've seen your build(s). Your opinion matters lol

Audi pics are up No rear shots though. My exhaust fit is horrendous,my tips are crooked but I just haven't given enough fucks to fix. The trunk lid is debadged , and my tail lights are all red. Other than that it's stock back there so use your imagination.

Bonus pics-
My buddies and I go to Deals Gap for a week in the summer. SO Awesome. A different world there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned