The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quite possibly a build thread..

G

Staff member
What was the prob?

strokin4dr

Very clean.

15psi88

Progress has been kind of slow recently.
I found a picture while browsing the other day that I must have studied for 10 minutes. Even though there are things I am unhappy with currently, I am still okay with how she looks compared to stock. Some things I don't even remember doing.

Also put something in motion I've been thinking about for a long time. Not certain on the results yet, might end up making a few renditions.

I ordered a 4" 90* coupler to connect the intake to the existing intake tube as well. This wont be just an air inlet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15psi88

Yep, It's permanent.. err, sorta. I guess I'll always have a cutoff tool and a welder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ApexHunter

Aesthetically it looks bitchin, however i'm wary of airflow blockage, albeit pretty minimal. I assume that you'll be doing something to help direct air to and through your various heat exchangers.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif You sir, are a fiend. It's awesome. Please continue.

ApexHunter

I have to say though, I am a bit disappointed to see the BC's on there. I had em and they are not bad. I don't even know what you are going to do with the car, maybe they will be "sufficient". Just not on par with the rest of the build. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Spyke169

I have to agree with Apexhunter, the grill looks good, but airflow... I would continue with the theme you have for the headlight and add some ducting from the grill to that cooler.

15psi88

I thought this was interesting. I can probably count on my hands how many sets of Sterns have been for sale in the last 10 years. A set just popped up that are built almost identical to my intentions. Though, he still has valve stem cut outs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
So, heres sneak peak of my wheels!

15psi88

Got kinda caught up with new projects..

All the usual first mods.. Cut open the mufflers and eliminated the cats, painted the wheels.. etc.

Relevant:

But, I did do a thing on the car.

tektic

I like that cover a lot. I want to make a double oil catch can in my car over there and wanted it to look similar. Nice work.

ApexHunter

That Panigale looks real nice. Probably sounds pretty good now too.

Agreed, that cover looks good and would be a great way to integrate a catch can into the bay.

^ edit: well there you go. Even better, split the duty there. Gonna look awesome.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned