The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quite possibly a build thread..

transparentdsm

un f***ing real!! kinda love it. now you need a much much larger intercooler or an intercooler/oil cooler combo to fill in the giant hole. i want a straight on shot.

15psi88

Lots of work to do on this yet. I should have waited to post. I know it will be impossible for some to visualize how it will look when complete.(I'd agree right now it looks horrid) I've got to take almost two inches from the height of it, which will make the opening much smaller. I will be making a "funnel" type insert to fit into the opening that will force air through the intercooler.
Kind of like this:

but with a larger transitional area so it wont look as boxed off. I guess it's the same idea as the headlight inlet really..

15psi88

Yeah the exhaust will exit through the rocker. I had some rust there anyway. I figured if I was going to be doing metal work I would make it worth it.
I'm going to level the floor with the transmission tunnel behind the drivers seat to get the clearance I need. You'd better be short if you sit back there.

Spyke169

Looks good, different from the common bumpers. Something to keep in mind fwiw if you really want the best ducting to your heat exchangers.

15psi88

Thanks dude.

Little slower progress than expected but I haven't stopped.

The insert is body worked and primed. WAY WAY WAY more work than what you'd think to look at it, but it looks MEAN AF.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned