The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Redwood build thread 1695//2000

Redwood

so its been a while but i have some updates the car should hopefully be back on the road in the next week if not sooner then that. just got a few little things that need to be done and get a tune on it. so here are some picture for you guys.

motor in

fmic yeah looking good.

keeping the sleeper look.

full 3" back with Vibrant muffler.

GSX_TC

Getting close!

Redwood

Aboot to see what she is made of. looks pretty sweet in all done up. now just to see what the dyno numbers come out to being.

blackvr4

Good job in keeping the bumper one piece! Thats exactly what I did when I put my FMIC on cant even tell its there!

GSX_TC

Sweet, what kinda power you expecting to make Nick?

MellowVR4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Nice

Redwood

yea i was going for the sleeper look on this car. specailly seeing how not to many people out here know aboot these cars, there always like what thats got a a turbo, awd what.. lol

Mike im hoping to be making around 400hp but not sure what it will be yet for sure. i have a 76hta fp dsm green xl turbo on her. but it didnt have compression last night when they were going to dyno it so hopefully we can figure that out and get it running soon. everything was free spinging not hang ups just nno compression. either way going to try and have her back on the road in the next few days if i can.

GSX_TC

Hope you figure it out man.

Redwood

yea got it all figured out the other night, not sure how this happened but got the exhaust and intakes mixed up when putting them in the head. so there was no compression at all in any of the cylinders. luckly it didnt hurt the motor at all and they are gettign switched back to where they belong. depending on how long it takes for this to get done she should be getting dynoed tonight or tomorrow. now just to get her back on the road.

LIV4PSI

So although Redwood's VR4 didn't make it to the Shootout, everyone will be pleased to know that he still made a pass down the drag strip.

Even if it was 1am and he was on a long board being pulled by a dog named Kuhmo, I think it still counts. No ET though, because he had to shut it down half track due to traction issues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Lol Craig you are hilarious! Are y'all gonna be camping out on the track again next year? I think we might join yall if you do.

Redwood

So i just wanted to put this out there that i am thinking aboot selling my VR4 and wanted you guy to have first shoots at seeing if anyone might want this beast of a car. i Love this think and have put in some mad time and effort just kinda going a different way in life and need to down size. there is a long list of stuff that i had put into the motor and and a few thing into the body to make it nice. Ill put up a list later tonight of what all i had done to the car but i just want to see if there was any interest in it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned