The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

another failed carbon thread

mountaineerjeff

should be very doable, not too much more work than a normal spark plug cover. I wouldnt be able to include the actual COP parts, but we could def do the mounting plate.

Carbon fiber is cool. Because it's rich. Like volk racing wheels and FP gt3x series turbos. But I have to agree with what appears to be the majority here. These cars are sneaky fast. That's half of the appeal. I have huge front mount and big 17's and a waste gate dump and moderately loud exhaust and people still don't notice me. I like that. I think that carbon fiber would detract from that. I do appreciate the idea. That fact that you'd go through the effort of having parts made for a twenty year old platform, knowing full well that selling more than 25 of any of it would be pretty damn hard, well, that's brave. I wish I could post up somewhere and build all sorts of goodies, so I understand where you're coming from. But as I said already, carbon fiber is rich. $$ Bling $$. I'm not rich. My guess is that 98.2% of these Galantvr4.org members aren't rich either. And the other 1.8% might not like carbon fiber. Just my 2 cents.

mountaineerjeff

well I think to get any farther, Im just gonna have to have stuff made and see where costs end up.

and as far as 'sneaky fast' I feel like most people are missing my point in trying to do this, which is to get the weight out of our bricks and get even more sneaky fast and add to our sleeper appeal. Like I said I was being hopeful to just get interest in 10.

as far as this thread got, which is all I hoped for from the start (see title) I will most likely just have expensive one offs, and may try to get some funds raised by trying to move spark plug covers on Tooners. but I really wanted to keep this VERY small scale, not doing more than 10-15 of anything, and try to not compete with anyone. we'll just see what happens as we get some prototypes made

I'd like to have my entire center console made in CF. CF fenders would be nice even if it only saves ounces or one lb, every little bit helps IMO. I'd end up painting them anyway.

How about that small rear trunk lip like MJR had on his two tone vr4. That would go well with a CF trunk.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts