The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quite possibly a build thread..

Vr4junkie

Looking great so far is that a 3in down pipe? ohh yea and what's up that spaghetti farm inside your car what's happening there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mitsuturbo

Quoting 15psi88:

I bought my FP turbine housing used from a guy who blew up his 3065 and i was wondering why it was "green". I assumed the previous owner had it coated or something. However, it looks like yours is the same color. Is this some coating they were doing back in the day or what?

15psi88

The exact routing of the factory chassis wiring harness escapes me now but, the reason for the spaghetti farm is that the harness used to run out the drivers side a pillar, across the front under the radiator, and over to the original fuse block mounted on the shock tower. I moved the fuse box behind the glove box. "Phase 1" so to speak, I lengthened the harness and ran it inside the passenger side a pillar. Ultimately the wiring harness did a large loop the whole way around the engine bay and back into the passenger compartment.
I removed the dash to remove the HVAC equipment and decided I would shorten the harness.
At this point, two separate harnesses run inside each fender well to (L/R) headlights/cooling fans etc. MUCH cleaner, much more simple.

The PO of the turbo I know had the compressor cover powder coated, but no mention was ever made of ceramic coating of the hot parts. I would guess that it was factory FP applied.
I will be ceramic coating all my hot parts in black anyway, which is why I never thought much about it.
The downpipe is 3.5" btw.

15psi88

I assumed by asking the obvious you were hatching a plan to negate my usage or need for an oil cooler so I made something up to foil your plan.

GSTwithPSI

I'm not sure how "obvious" it is, seeing as it's located in the grille. As far as plans go, you got me all wrong, brah. If I were trolling you, you'd know it. I suppose my question should have been: Why are you mounting an oil cooler in the grille area? The front bumper area would have made it too easy for you, or what?

Last edited:

GSX_TC

I like what you did with the fab work on the ABS area.

15psi88

Thanks. I'm hoping the hidden motor mount hardware doesn't come back to haunt me.
I know it looks rough with half the paint missing at the moment. Since I stitch welded all the seams I plan to dress the welds smooth and re-seam seal over it to blend it like factory.
All the unused holes have been welded/are being welded. Including the hole where the factory engine harness entered the bay.
The upper radiator support was miss-shaped and always set my ocd radar off. I'm working on making it nice and uniform now that it doesn't need to house the hood latch support/prop rod etc.
I can't wait to get it under primer and get a better look at how smooth it's really going to look.

GSX_TC

That's gonna be one smooth lookin engine bay when your finished.

curtis

Badass /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

15psi88

Nice find! I think grass could grow in the soil of that one wheel. How many thousands of miles does a cv boot/axle seal have to be leaking to produce that? I'd bet the things aren't even round.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned