The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Progress on my car, #674 finally going back together with lots of new goodies!

JamesFoster

More progress! New intercooler is 4.5" thick. It's starting to look like a car again! Not long now till it's running again... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jesus_Negros

Let me borrow a dolla

Olson

What do you plan on doing with the car??. Drag, Track day, ???

JamesFoster

Quoting Olson:
What do you plan on doing with the car??. Drag, Track day, ???

Anything and everything, I plan on driving the hell out of this car. As many track days as I can get to I'll go to, drag racing is fun too. Basically my goal is for it to be a fun street car I can take to any kind of track and have fun with.

Also, I plan on trolling PCH in Newport with three friends looking for lambos and mclarens to pick on. That's been a longtime goal of mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wookalar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Nice. P1 and 918 Spyder will give you a whooping though. I was shocked to learn those cars run 10 flat at 145 in the 1/4.

Your fuel system sounds good, how's your drivetrain? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, I saw a video of you the other day ripping it up on a bike with the Gvr4 at the end. Looks like you are on your A game. Be safe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JamesFoster

Heh, yeah, we'll see. I'll still try. taking down a million dollar supercar in a old mitsubishi sedan would be epic. Worth losing to.

Drivetrain is solid. Stage 9 million TRE trans, DSS driveshaft, rebuilt TC, PTT twin disc which is coming out in favor of a Magnus/Exedy Triple disc soon.

Thanks man, that video is from a couple years ago with my old Galant, I'd like to do a new one soon.

jnava

Staff member
That is f***ing done the right way. Nice build.....I will say the exhaust manifold and the cast Magnus is just sexy. So it's a get out and play car, Go pro your car when you do....would love to see.

Jesus_Negros

I imagine he has some go pros. Make the car look like a google earth van and take out some exotics!

Last edited by a moderator:

ApexHunter

The Sheepey guys do some nice work. Manifold looks insane.

I used to work in Laguna Beach every weekend from '07-13. My office was on the corner of PCH and Cress. If the sun was out, you would always see a fair number of exotics, and often times some pretty wild stuff. Dana Point, Laguna, Corona del Mar, and Newport are a hotbed. Happy trolling.

mistaVR4

Beautiful all-around build man! Welds look like they were done with an orbital, pristine. I as well look forward seeing footage of this monster in action!!

JamesFoster

Soooo, she made a ton of power, not as much as we were expecting but still a metric f*** ton of power, and at low boost, we think the smaller .82ar turbine was the restriction preventing more boost. Anyway, it made 730hp 580tq at 35psi, falling to 33 by redline. Would have made more but the back pressure is too high with that turbine. My friend who builds crazy Hondas said a 4 port boost solenoid would do it.

The more we turned up the boost the more it would fall, which is why we think there's a restriction, and the turbine housing is the only thing that would be it.

I'm very happy though, car is insane and I'd rather keep the faster spool with the smaller turbine then have bigger numbers and and a slower spool...

I'll post pictures as soon as they finish uploading.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mn92gvr4

Nicely done James. Those are some impressive numbers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Jesus_Negros

Congrats on the car dude. I bet she hauls ass.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned