The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Progress on my car, #674 finally going back together with lots of new goodies!

diambo4life

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Very nice James. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif What's the spool like with that 2.3L?

Last edited:

JamesFoster

Spool with the 2.3 is amazing. So amazing, in fact, that the transmission decided to let go Sunday night. The car made a lot of torque, and it lasted me a couple years. So, I'll get the trans rebuilt, as soon as I get home from NZ, then when I get back from AUS I can put it back in.

Quoting ApexHunter:
Nice one! Tuning courtesy of Beau Brown?

Of course! He is the only person I trust to tune my car.

Onto the pictures! Still lots to do, but I'm happy for now. Also, disclaimer: the air filter is temporary. I have room for a cone filter and will put on on, just have to modify the coolant over flow a little first.

Dyno Pull video I made, on YouTube: High Horsepower Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #674/1000 Dyno Video
Like I said, it'll make more power at higher boost if I put a 4" exhaust on or do one out of the bumper, but I like my full exhaust. And 730 is enough power for me, for now, lol. Maybe I'll do a full 4" exhaust someday.

I had these anodized

Last edited:

CutlassJim

For serious James! Doin work! Big props for going wingless too, car looks amazing. I will say that powerband makes me cring but I would probably pee my pants when it did finally kick in. I'll race you if we both have to shift at 5k. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

How's the IS treating you by the way?

EDIT: What front brake setup on the car?

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Can't wait to see this rolling around town.

G

Staff member
Looks awesome! Very nice work.

coyotes

The level of detail on this car is amazing, very nicely done. although I think you should get a lip for the front bumper to hide the bottom of the intercooler sticking out.

JamesFoster

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Quoting CutlassJim:
For serious James! Doin work! Big props for going wingless too, car looks amazing. I will say that powerband makes me cring but I would probably pee my pants when it did finally kick in. I'll race you if we both have to shift at 5k. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

How's the IS treating you by the way?

EDIT: What front brake setup on the car?

Ha, it's surprisingly not too terribly noticeable. Probably because it makes a good amount of torque down low.
I love the IS, However I haven't been driving it lately because I had a small accident, hit a curb and bent my wheels and now it needs new wheel bearing as well.
It's a stoptech big brake kit. I forget if they're the 12.2 or 13" rotors.

Quoting coyotes:
The level of detail on this car is amazing, very nicely done. although I think you should get a lip for the front bumper to hide the bottom of the intercooler sticking out.

Not a bad idea. You have to get all the way down on the ground to see it though, but I definitely am aware and extremely careful driving around.

Quoting transparentdsm:
also is that a smiley face welded on the bottom of the radiator?

Haha, yes. Charlie's artwork, lol.

GSTwithPSI

What's the cylinder pictured right with the hose coming out of the top?

IMG_1830.jpg

coyotes

the inside of that frame rail is a little dirty, I'd consider scrapping the whole project.

strokin4dr

Looks like a 2g accumulator/restrictor. Was a fairly common addition for the twin disk crew from what I remember seeing. I always pulled them out of the 2g's haha.

MellowVR4

F'N sweet man!!! love all the fab work, Great power... should be whooping some ass with this setup!!! ruining peoples days with that lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

JamesFoster

Yeah it's a 2g accumulator, slightly slows the flow to the slave to help with engagement on twin disc's.

Thanks guys, I'm absolutely ecstatic its back together finally. I wish the damn trans didn't break, but at least it's a relatively easy thing to fix. Just more $$$, which sucks, but it could be worse.

G

Staff member
Looks awesome, getting hot down there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Should of ceramic coated that thing.

MellowVR4

But then you cant ball out with out the bling of the SS lol But yeah it sure is getting hot...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned