The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Carbon Fiber hoods and trunks are done!!

$510 shipped on the hood and $495 shipped on the trunk. Subtract $100 from that if you buy 2. Turn around time is about 10-14 days.

Is the trunk open in this pic? The passenger side looks higher than the drivers side. Also, look how high the drivers side corner by the glass is.

Is this just an adjustment issue that can be corrected?

Last edited by a moderator:

tsiboy

the trunk did not have the latch installed so it was not being held shut.

Brunoboy

so is there a discount for us if we pick up? since you dont need to ship them? and if we buy both is there a 100$ off the total without the shipment? lol
-Shane

strokin4dr

Quoting kamilatHirev:
Subtract $100 from that if you buy 2.

Damn, now I want to hold off on buying the trunk until you hve the jdm hoods ready. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

To be honest I don't think JDM hoods will be done for a while. Seeing how this group buy turned our manufacturer might not want to take on another project. We do not make these trunks in the bay area for those who want to pick them up, sorry.

Brunoboy

how about the Hood, is it made in the Yay?

Brunoboy

deng, =/ thanks though, I'll just have to save up for it then.

tsiboy

good news kamil you are now a junior member which means you can make a proper for sale ad or have this thread moved to the for sale section.

-alex

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Quoting kamilatHirev:
Seeing how this group buy turned our manufacturer might not want to take on another project.

So is that a no? Some of us have been waiting on this to happen since it was first mentioned back in march. If those who are definately in for a jdm hood put down a deposit, will that help to make sure it happens?
It just blows that people with cash in hand for parts that WILL SELL have to suffer because of a bunch of cheap ass people that put their name on the waiting list KNOWING good and well that they were full of ish about actually buying....

I know that the jdm hoods will sell. Just look at how many of the hideous "invader style" hoods and cf hoods that do not fit right have been purchased and are floating around here. If people would pay $500 for the invader hood, there is something definately wrong if they would choose that over the jdm style. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

kartorium

I'm not involved in this thread really, but I think I remember reading somewhere that one of the main problems in the JDM hood was that no one offered one up to make a mold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Definitely not. Seeing our dsm parts one of 8g galant owner contacted us about making trunks and hoods for them. They got 15 people of each and are paying $100 deposits to get the project started. If you can get 15 people who are willing to put $100 deposits and a jdm hood donor (he/she will get the hood back) I will start on this right away. This way our manufacturer doesn't feel like we are starting another project that he will not benefit from. Once again, Hi-Rev breaks even on the 15th order and from there we and our manufacturer makes profit. This was strictly a favor to a lot of you who pm'd and emailed us for months to get these parts made. I have emailed everyone who was interested and have not received any replies. I will post this up in the for sale section and hope for the best. Thanks for your support guys.

Dialcaliper

Several were offered, but Kamil (for understandable reasons) is only looking for one in absolutely perfect condition to make the mold. Mine is in good condition and sitting in my garage, but I told him the corners are a bit scraped up from shipping so he said no. I offered to send him pictures of the hood, but he never responded.

Basically what he's looking for doesn't exist - any 16+ year old hood that's been shipped halfway around the world isn't going to be perfect. What he's looking for is someone who's already spent money and had theirs repaired, straightened, painted and had any dents removed already, and anyone who's gone though that kind of effort with a JDM hood isn't going to want to ship it, and probably won't be interested in replacing it with a carbon one.

Sorry for not responding. Sometimes we get 300+ emails per day. If it's only scraped not dented it will definitely work. No the issue is of gettin 15 people together. As you all know I am very open to new ideas as long as there is support for it.

Brunoboy

whats a jdm hood look like per say?

ktmrider

Quoting kamilatHirev:
None of our parts are made in the bay area. Sorry

So are we "forced" to pay shipping regardless of where we live?
I ask because my company is based across the water from you in Belmont and I make it out often. I can have it shipped via work for basically nothing.
Is there any way around the shipping charge or are the parts made outside the US?!?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts