The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Carbon Fiber hoods and trunks are done!!

Champ_168

Can you get pics of the under side of the trunk and hood?

Thanks

GIjoe

Quoting digit:
Looks nice. What are the weights?

No JDM Hood?

yeah, I might be interrested in a JDM hood aswell. They look sweet btw.

bazeng

Damn!!

I just purchased a boot lid from paulo and a bonnet from andyautosport...

the stuff look great!!
good luck on the sales..

Flip4G63

get some pics of it mounted please. i would like to see fitment before i buy.

i'm looking at trunk and hood. thanks!

Those look really clean. Did you do those wet or dry? Also what was the layup on them, it looks like the back ply is black glass.

strokin4dr

I will definately purchase the trunk lid as soon as I see some fitment pics. As far as the hood, I was one of the peeps that was only interested in the JDM hoods. Is there any hope that those will be available any time soon?

-Ryan

VR4coop

ehh. I want them both, Completely forgot about this. Just bought a new laptop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Thanks
Clint

JSchleim18

JDM hood will be in the works. I honestly don't have a timeline but definitely this year.

DarkDevilMMM

nice.... nice price too, is it cheaper to pick up locally? if that price minus the $100+ shipping is gonna be sweet.... just need to get my galant running first.

btw, for the people asking for JDM hood, why can't you just buy CF replica of the JDM hood vent and install on this one? what would be your concern?

thecman02

You can buy the replica JDM hood vent and install it, but I'd be scared of screwing it up, and if professionally installed would probably be a higher price point then if Kamil had them made like that from the start.

Obviously you can see I'm waiting for the JDM hood. It'll be a Christmas present to myself :)

Rausch

Quote:
btw, for the people asking for JDM hood, why can't you just buy CF replica of the JDM hood vent and install on this one? what would be your concern?

The JDM hood has the vent area set into the sheet metal. There are depressions that allow the vents to sit essentially flush with the hood line, VS on top when installing teh vents into a factory style hood.

ktmrider

Quoting DarkDevilMMM:
nice.... nice price too, is it cheaper to pick up locally? if that price minus the $100+ shipping is gonna be sweet.... just need to get my galant running first.

+1, maybe someone local could be the guinea pig and post up some installed pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Might be a great way to spur some sales too.

Quoting homeless:
Those look really clean. Did you do those wet or dry? Also what was the layup on them, it looks like the back ply is black glass.

Wet

14u2nV

Give me a month or two and I'll buy one of each. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BoostedAWD91

definatly look like a nice quality piece... im interested to see how the fitment is once installed

Here is underside of the trunk. The first hood went out to Europe already. I will get pics of the uderside on the next one.

The dimple for the key hole is there for the people that want to drill it out. It's covered by carbon fiber. I got inquiries on both and we would have to make two molds to satisfy and that route would be too expesnive. Just to give you an idea, we break even on the 15th order so I hope we can at least get 16 of them out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned