The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

another hood vents post

ducttapeguy

Just so I dont thread jack the others that are going on right now. As a lot of you guys know Im trying to get some carbon fiber goodies made. I want to be able to do a vented hood but I dont have any vents. Can those of you who have vented hoods post up some high quality pics of your hood from various angles?? Im looking for pretty much any vents on our hoods. I want to find some that are aesthetically pleasing and fit the lines of the VR4 and are functional. JDM, EVO3, GT500, EVO8/9/X, anything custom you have done, anything like that.

Thanks,
Tyler

GSX_TC

I take post a bunch from different angles of mine. Might take a day or two though if that's ok.

dsmless

heres the hood that came on the gallant I just recently bought, vent works great to keep temps at bay in his AZ summer with AC on

ducttapeguy

Sweet. Thanks guys. I think Im going to try to get something made that is a cross between dsmless's hood with a GT500 style vent and Jeremy's super baller hood. Hopefully it looks as good as I imagine it

GSX_TC

Did you not need all them pics of the JDM hood then?

EMX5636

Same hood I have DSMless. Does your follow the lines at the fenders ok? Mine used to when I first put it on, but some high speed trips and the heat I think have caused it to lift a little halfway back.

dsmless

Yeah, its still follows the fender lines great. Has held up fine, even getting baked in 100* weather here in tucson

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts