The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Carbon Fiber hoods and trunks are done!!

Nobody is forcing you to pay shipping, but we have to pay for shipping, therefore we have to charge the customer. Our manufacturer is down south and he doesn't accept pick ups unless it's special circumstance.

It would be way to expensive to make these parts overseas because we would have to cover shipping of oem steel parts and carbon fiber ready parts. Each part costs $350-$400 to ship there. You can do the math from there.

ktmrider

Forced may have been mistaken but you did answer my question tho, self pickup is not available and/or will not save any money.
Just a suggestion, in the future I would not break down the cost by part and shipping if the customer cannot save on either.

Brunoboy

hmmm I like the JDM one better, lol.

Either way customers will ask if they can pick up whether it's broken down or not. Self pick up is not available unless we make arrangements. Like I said, our manufacturer is in So-Cal. I would have to speak to him on Monday and check his availability.

I don't mean to sound rude, but we had almost 20 people on the initial list. We delivered the part that you requested and not one person purchased it. People asked for pictures to see the fitment and they claimed they would purchase if it fits weel. I posted those and you can see the perfect fitment. We have invested over $3k so far in the initial mold and I do not understand what went wrong. I will be putting them on Ebay and in the for sale section. I apologize if it sounded rude, but please understand my side of the story.

turbowop

It's only been a week or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I think if you put these on Ebay, they'd sell very well. Even the forsale section would be better than this thread.

tsiboy

weekends are slow on this board so interest and purchases may not build until the beginning of the new week.

slugsgomoo

Quoting turbowop:

And underneath...notice the skeleton goes around the vents:

build this hood, and I will send you money same day, kthx.

BoostedAWD91

Im assuming these work with the factory hood latch or do u recommend using hood pins on the hood?

strokin4dr

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Quoting turbowop:

And underneath...notice the skeleton goes around the vents:

build this hood, and I will send you money same day, kthx.

Well that's two of us that will pay for a jdm hood so far.

turbowop

I would love to have a trunk and JDM hood in CF, but at ~$1k I don't know that I'd actually plunk down the cash when the time came. I might be able to scratch something together if the hoods came out. I think they're worth it, I just don't know if I could justify it with all the other sh*t I need to buy in life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

JNR

Also, keep in mind that people have been burned before and this can sound odd. I mean, it makes sense, but people are nervous until you get a few out there and prove whether you're the real thing or not...

cOmpressor

^ your hood looks to be in good condition.... send it on over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbowop

Quoting JNR:
Also, keep in mind that people have been burned before and this can sound odd. I mean, it makes sense, but people are nervous until you get a few out there and prove whether you're the real thing or not...

True. I think that's why so many of those CF hoods that don't fit very well seem to sell like hotcakes on Ebay. Make 'em and they will sell. Just a thread in the general discussion forum on the galant board isn't enough marketing. At least hit up Ebay also.

BTW, for reasons that were already mentioned by somebody else, I'm not going to ship my hood down there. Sorry guys.

JNR

I'd say one of the worst ways to get into the VR-4 market is thru carbon fiber; liked it's cursed, lol. At a minimum, imo, if you want to draw business is to get a legitmate website going with you being the distributor of course and outlining the manufacturing and its quality. Need to get some good word of mouth going on something like this and if it's genuine (product and business) then they will sell...

Quoting JNR:

I think Kahmil has proved that this isn't a scam & he has many positive feedback on tooners. Who's the member's car it was test fitted on? Why not post your observations?

Kahmil had them build without taking a deposit & that says a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. The quality looks awesome in the pictures & the price is reasonable per item shipped. Now all the people that were saying they will buy needs to buy or I gurantee the price will go up to cover the tooling & labor put into getting this to the market & the lack of sales. Then you guys are going to bitch about the price.

VERY IMPORTANT - Look at the edge by the driver's fender /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. Notice it flows with the leading curve of the fender & it doesn't bow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif. No other CF hoods currently on the market can claim this. This is the best replica I've seen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif & I think it's worth it. Good job to you & your manufacturer Kahmil.

JNR

OK, well I haven't been following it, but I do hope it works out for the best (I may buy one down the road if it does); just saying that it takes time and gotta understand the nature of the beast...

Last edited:

14u2nV

you guys that want jdm hoods do realize that he would then be eating the stock hood mold right. Why would he want to make another one when the people that all said they'd buy the first one either backed out completely or just want to wait and get the next style. Talk is cheap, put up or shut up. Let him sell the 15 stocks then see if he wants to go further. If and when he does make jdms, sell your stocker on eBay and order the new one. Not like they will lose value. I will be getting a stock one.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts