The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Carbon Fiber hoods and trunks are done!!

Maybe I missed it but can someone tell me if the screw holes are reinforced with anything?

pachood_1953

Personally, I would rather have a stock hood over a jdm knockoff, or even a real one for that matter.

I DO plan on buying from kamil, but when the time is right. This is why I never posted in this thread early on when he was taking head count. I think mentioning jdm hoods possibly going into production was a deterrent to those who were planning on buying the stock ones.

I agree with GW 100%. These parts look fantastic, and they are at a really reasonable price. Not only are they a good price, but he is offering a GOOD chunk off if you order both pieces.
It was a bold move making parts for a car that only has 1500(ish) left in existence instead of something like a honda, and I applaud him on that.

Sean92AWD

If i can get a free JDM Carbon hood when they are completed. I will have the 2 dents removed from my JDM hood and ship it over. Ill even pay for the shipping of my hood there and both hoods back.

I do plan on purchasing a trunk either way. I just like the look of the JDM Hood over the OEM.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
The hood looks good, not sure about the trunk though:

Last edited by a moderator:

thecman02

Well I'm still waiting on the JDM Carbon Fiber Hood. Although the possibility that it might not happen makes me sad. I'm pretty sure I already said that on another thread though when I found out our JDM hood source fell through. This is a bad situation just because there's only a handful of people that want the stock. I thought a majority of us were shooting for JDM. On the first thread I see a list of roughly 20 for hoods and 20 for trunks. There wasn't anybody that was selling the JDM carbon fiber which is why I thought they would sell good. I didn't know Kamil were going to make oem's. Granted this is a beautiful quality hood. There was already a bojank mold out for oem carbon.

Ughhhh.

JNR

I was looking at the pics some more and they do look nice and hopefully everything will work out alright. I was curious how 'ready' is the hood for paint, as it's hard to tell in the pics (something you have to be there to properly gauge)? I only ask because if I were to consider one, I would like to have an idea on whether it would take a lot of manhours on the body shop's part to get it loooking like oem (when painted); perhaps it's already pretty straight though [I don't know, so hence the question]...I like the look of carbon fiber on certain things, but I would paint mine if I got it and would be for the weight savings (or if JDM down the road), yet I'd want it to look like nothing's different, if that makes sense?

Last edited:

If people don't step up and buy like they all said they would, this will probably the worst thing I have ever seen. The poor guy makes what everyone asks for, and now all of a sudden no one wants the items.....

tsiboy

i dont know why everyone keeps asking about the jdm hoods. he has already said if sales of these hoods dont cut they will not be making anything else for us.

BadVr4

i would buy a trunk if they did something about the lock, it looks awful with the little dimple there, and im not drilling it myself

Quoting tsiboy:
i dont know why everyone keeps asking about the jdm hoods. he has already said if sales of these hoods dont cut they will not be making anything else for us.

Because the amount of votes for a cf jdm hood in the beginning was much higher than the amount of votes for a usdm cf hood. Everyone already knows where to get an oem or invader style cf hood, no one makes a cf jdm hood so wouldn't that have been the obvious choice if you really wanted to sell a lot of hoods? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

RedTwo

I feel sorry for Kamil, I can see the same sh*t happening if he ever chose to make the vented hoods.
I'd splash out on one if I couldn't already get a local one, but that doesn't help him out now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

pachood_1953

Quoting Mike_1101:
Quoting tsiboy:

Because the amount of votes for a cf jdm hood in the beginning was much higher than the amount of votes for a usdm cf hood. Everyone already knows where to get an oem or invader style cf hood, no one makes a cf jdm hood so wouldn't that have been the obvious choice if you really wanted to sell a lot of hoods? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Yeah, but that cf oem hood style hood is garbage...

I also feel pretty bad about this, I really wish I had the funds to spring on this deal immediately to lift the guilt.

Barnes

I don't get it. Sure, everyone and their cousin isn't buying right away, but I'm sure plenty will.

I don't have the funds for a CF hood now, but certainly want one in the future. That is the great part about how Kamil did this whole thing. Now I can just call him when I have the funds, and bam, I've got a hood. No stupid groupbuy crap to deal with.

I don't have much doubt he will sell plenty of them, just not right away.

We made the trunk with the dimple so that people have a choice between having it covered or drilling a hole for the lock. Unfortunately, when making a mold we cannot have two options available on one mold. We would have to have the dimple covered all the way and make a new mold for that, which cost $$$. We did have 20 people for the trunk and 20 for the oem hoods and another 16 for the jdm style hoods. People wanted to buy oem hoods as long as one of the sides doesn't collapse like on the other molds out there. I asked for deposits, which I always do, but I was told that Galant guys got burned before by other vendors and considering the fact I pretty much come from the same community (4g63 2g) I put all my trust in your words and I took a risk on making both molds. Believe me, I really understand financial issues. Our company got fraudulent orders for over $30k and we lost money and parts in the last 3 months. Well, we have to move on and keep on plugging away. However, if you commit yourself to purchasing something, try to come through with your word. Thanks for all the understanding.

strokin4dr

Quote:
However, if you commit yourself to purchasing something, try to come through with your word.

Amen.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts