The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build Thread of 1415/2000

transparentdsm

ok so had a friend come over today to help me fix some stuff on my eclipse gst(rust and rot spots) so i took the stock hood off my vr4(rotted through on the front lip) used it to patch holes in the gst.

haha

so i finally took out the jdm rs hood and painted it, still needs the clear, but that will happen once the car is done and i get the whole thing reshot.

her pretty new hood.

desant78

I love that hood!!

the jdm one lol came out cool man!

transparentdsm

what you don't like the hole? i was gonna see if you wanted to trade.. haha thanks sal. he phil and i are trying to work out getting together. im going to ct on sunday to drop off the exhaust to him then he is gonna come out by me and help me get the tune in my car right.

kama1

Nice work man,any pics of how the lower part of the seat sits?
That hood reminded me of this.

kama1

Thanks man,they look a lot better that way.i guess ill be removing some spot welds soon.

transparentdsm

so i jumped like a year into the future and bought my turbo last night. i got a holset wh1c for my not running, but not on jack stands VR4. will update with pictures as soon as i get the turbo.

GSX_TC

jdm hood is lookin good.

transparentdsm

thanks mike, i hope one day my car looks as nice as yours does on the outside. i dont think ill be doing jdm bumpers, but i do want it to be real clean and smooth just like yours.

GSX_TC

Hey thanks man, what grill are you going to be using?

transparentdsm

check it out, big thanks to LUNARFX for this one.

its just placed in the car no clips yet because i need to get the wiring done for the fan and move the fan to the other side and put in a civic half rad. before i put the grill back in.

GSX_TC

Nice, that looks like the one David (ApexHunter) has on his.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

ok so i finally worked out the bugs in the electrical system got the fans running and the base tune in pretty good, car actually stays on now, still overheats, but thats a different issue. the car doesn't leak any water and i put most of the interior back in. also traded out the electric seat belts for some harnesses.

for now the passenger seat and harnesses are the only items i need to install in the interior to be done. i even took the car for a drive around my block and its running pretty good, i just need to recirculate the BOV so it doesn't die when coming to an idle.

here are some pictures of the new turbo. it needs to be pulled apart, cleaned, rebuilt and i want to port the hot side.

turbowop

Quoting transparentdsm:

You need to do something different with your harnesses. Use a harness bar or at least run them back to the rear seat belt anchor points. You get in a wreck with those mounted the way you have them and you're going to break your back.

Last edited:

4Grim

+1 what Wop said...your shoulder straps are mounted where if god forbid you got into a accident it would compress your spine. I mounted mine where the rear seat belt anchors are. They recommend the shoulder straps to be a 90 degree angle from drivers upright position.

transparentdsm

yeah i didnt think that was the best place for them, but i wasn't sure what i was gonna do with them yet. im still figuring that one out. i didn't want to put the seat back in yet, but i had to move the car around and just wanted to see what it looked like.

transparentdsm

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting transparentdsm:

You need to do something different with your harnesses. Use a harness bar or at least run them back to the rear seat belt anchor points. You get in a wreck with those mounted the way you have them and you're going to break your back.

mark could you please do me a favor, put a few pictures up of your harness's and all the mounting points that you used please.

turbowop

Sure. I'll get 'em up in the next couple of days, or tonight if I get a chance. Mine are mounted to a harness bar now, but I can take pics of the eyebolts that thread into the stock rear seatbelt anchors as well. And the clips that latch onto them and slide onto the harness.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned