The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build Thread of 1415/2000

LIV4PSI

I'll check the dimensions later today, the car is at our shop. I don't mind meeting you somewhere in PA if that is what you decide is the best route. I will post back.

transparentdsm

thank you so much. and if it does fit, ill need everything. the headliner, dome lights and anything else that is different from a non-sunroof to sunroof.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Its 32x18

transparentdsm

so winter is at its end, i just picked up a bone stock 95 GST for my daily(with a new timing belt/balance shaft belt and water pump, but still needs about 1000$ worth of work in exhaust, clutch and tires) and i have decided to go a completely different route with 138. its all together and runs, so i will have a little driving around fun before i make the major changes. i couldn't find a sunroof to fit where the aftermarket one was so im going to be sealing the sunroof shut and just having a looking window. i will be pulling out the forced performance manifold and evo3 gt turbo and replacing it with a custom tubular t3 manifold heat wrapped (no wastegate hole) and holset hx35 internally gated, the evo 8 intercooler is getting pulled out and an oversized srt4 intercooler will be put in its place. im also removing the full a/c system, removing the stock intake manifold for the race intake manifold i have from my laser, rebuilding the throttle body and doing a FIAV disable( click ), remove the stock radiator and go with a civic aluminum half radiator, possibly changing up the exhaust around, but not sure to what yet. im sure im missing some things, but thats what i have in my head for now.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

ohh thats nice, is that the new 6inch thick ETS piece?

transparentdsm

no its a no name brand. custom made. i was going to buy an aftermarket srt4 intercooler, but decided i wanted something bigger. so i bought a core and had my dads friend weld it together for me. the guy is amazing, he welds airplanes all day so i guess he has to be.

GSX_TC

That's badass, can you take more pics of it in better lighting?

transparentdsm

yeah i will when i get finished the misfits skull on the front, should be within the next week or so. i just got a bunch of parts for my eclipse and i still need to finish putting the glass back in my sunroof so 138 is still on the back burner, not to mention the other 2 im working on.

transparentdsm

ok so we used the parts laying around his shop, it has 2.5" inlet and outlet that would be used for the wheels on the plane, and the L brackets were used to mount, we made them so big because we didnt have anything to mock it up to. here are the photos.

strokin4dr

Looking good bro. Damn That's a lot of snow!!

transparentdsm

thank you very much, i really love the car and just dont care how long it takes me to get everything right. i have a few more tests to do to make sure the roof isn't leaking anymore(spray it with the hose, a lot) and then i can start reinstalling the interior. i have already pulled the automatic seatbelt system out of the car so once i add carpet i get to put my evo seats with racing harnesses on it. not the biggest fan of using race harnesses on a street car, but it looks and functions 100% better then the stock ones that get caught up on the evo seats and in my opinion dont really clash well together.

transparentdsm

ok so i got most of my interior together. here is what it was and what it looks like. im happy.

carpet:

now this is how i installed the evo rears without cutting any of the seat, just the holding brackets for the old seats need to be cut out.

then i drilled two holes where the mounting points need to be and put a bolt through the back then put the seat over it and a nut on top to hold it all in place.

and this is the seats all lined up and done.

the sunroof.

Map lights installed after some more cutting and drilling

sides, a pillers, b pillers, header, center console

this is all for now.

GSX_TC

Your pretty good at interior man.

transparentdsm

so kinda depressed.... spent good money on this motor thinking it was good, today i wanted to address my engine, i decided to start with a compression test only to find:

135-135-110-115

so this is sad. not really sure what im going to do, i might source a good running engine or maybe rebuild the whole thing. im just at a lose now. i don't know what im going to do.

transparentdsm

Quoting GSX_TC:
Your pretty good at interior man.

thank you very much. i love working on cars and like to take my time. im still not 100% happy with the ceiling and i may pull it down again, but for now it will do.

Mvance30

Hope the car is doing well, I heard about the water damage and the fire. The owner before me mentioned you got it running again. What was wrong with the old motor I never did figure it out.

btw I'm getting spam emails from your email account once and awhile. Might want to check that. No biggy though. Good luck! I miss her!

transparentdsm

yeah the water and fire sucked, but these things happen. Yeah i have the car kinda running now, the old motor had a bad oil pump. i got a motor from a guy in south east PA with a stock rebuilt bottom end, balance shafts removed and evo8 valve train on it with 3g revised lifters. it has around 8,000 miles on it. i found more boost leaks on the motor so im now working those issues out so i can have phil come and tune my car so it runs awesome. the car is coming along great though. it really has changed a lot. i can't wait till i get it running well enough to drive it two or three days a week.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts