The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Build Thread of 1415/2000

transparentdsm

I was trying to post a full log, but i don't know how. I took a screen shot of a pull i made, still made power all the way up to 7500 rpm's. There is a little bit of knock, but i have a bad sensor in the car. The motor made no noise during the pull, so i don't think it's knocking.

transparentdsm

Car has been great. I drive it most days now. I have played with the tune a little bit and smoothed some more things out, now the car runs great, still has a ways to go with the tune though. I installed the chrome slat grill, i also finished and installed my trailer hitch receiver, tomorrow i go to drill out the hole for the hitch. Installed the Vibrant muffler using a 3" v-band, I installed some roof racks and to clean things up i cut my roof rails for a tight snug fit. i also took more pictures of the engine because im using a much nicer camera today.

Can't wait to take pictures of the vehicle all packed and loaded and ready for the move.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Loving the Evo 8 wheels man. You might see a set of those on one of my VR-4's here soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Got your log on FB, but haven't had time to look at it yet. Ping me this weekend if I haven't hit you back. Got ton of sh*t going on, and I'm old and senile.

transparentdsm

So its been about a month, i haven't changed anything on the car except a few settings in the tune. I picked up some power and the car is loving this 92 octane compared to the watered down 91 i was getting in Tahoe. Car pulls really hard.

for now im more than happy. i need to replace a few things still, but im just going to drive and enjoy the car for a bit before spending more money.

transparentdsm

well, the day has come and my friend Luis came and bought the Galant today. he is almost home and happy. its hard to deal with the fact that i sold it, but it needed to be done. my puppy is feeling much better, but she will need medication for the rest of her life and it can get worse at any time, so id rather be prepared then scramble. i got to keep a lot of parts and i already have another VR4 ill be putting together soon. Cait likes the auto fwd we got as partial trade so we will be cleaning up the 2G and addressing the few things that need attention(sunroof glass loose, passanger door outside handle rod came off, window is slightly off track) then well be cleaning up the Acura and selling that off because we found some land we would like to buy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned