The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

909/1000 Build thread

Mn92gvr4

Gotcha. How much that run you if you dont mind me asking. Im eyeing up them jmf top mounts but the price hurts a little

jeverts

The price is not going to reflect what it would actually cost considering I got the materials at cost and Andrew owed me work so the labor was free.

Mn92gvr4

Thats always nice. I just got my w2s so i will be making an appearance at map soon to place an order. And spy on your progress of course

jeverts

Here you are. CTS-V calipers. See if I can't get these mocked up this weekend They are a little scratched up being tossed around in a bin. I bought them off of a guy at work.

Last edited:

jeverts

I check the bolt spread to the stock calipers and it matches up but I have a feeling I am going to need to extend them out from the knuckle a bit.

strokin4dr

There are a few threads out there with people attempting to use these calipers on DSMs. So far I haven't seem anyone pull it off completely or at least update their threads if they did. Yes, the bolt spacing is the same but offset seems to be way off and when offset is corrected, the rotors seem to be an issue.

Hopefully you can get passed this and figure out an easy way to make it work. I've wanted to pay with these myself for a while now but have yet to try. Good luck and post your findings!
-Ryan

strokin4dr

I'd be interested to see which type of wheel offset would be need to clear that setup. When bolting them to the hub without modification, the caliper sits roughly 0.5" farther out towards the wheel than an evo brembo caliper.
Has anyone bought this kit?

jeverts

If its the case of just wheel spacers this is going to be easy peasy. Thanks for the link. This might work out better than I had thought.

jeverts

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Easy peasy says the guy with a CNC machine at his disposal.

I envy you...

One of the best fields you can get into right now. There are so many jobs out there its unreal. I could have 3 or 4 jobs tomorrow if I wanted. Also you can make very good money doing it.

strokin4dr

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
I can't imagine they stick out any farther than the 3KGT calipers.

They definitely do.

Wheel spacers will most likely be needed, which isn't an issue to me depending on how much of a spacer is needed. When you start getting a lot of wheel poke and having to add camber, etc just to fit a set of calipers is when I start looking at other alternatives.

Best of luck and keep this thread updated!

jeverts

I got some hardware for the calipers and mounted them up. I am going to order wheel bearings and grab an Evo rotor and my Evo enkeis and mock this up to make sure what offsets I need to do and get something made up.

Once I have everything figured out on these I will probably do a How-to on this set up with all the parts needed. This will be great consindering they are much cheaper than the evo brembos and are pretty much the same set up.

Now I just need to figure out the rear brake setup on these cars.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts