The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

909/1000 Build thread

turbohf

quick search of that acdelco part number on amazon showed prices couple bucks more than rockauto. and about 300 for springs/pins and pads. and yes looks like some EVO/STI/etc pads... i may never get to work on my Nova if i keep buying sh*t like this for the Galant lol...

89Patches

Biggest rotor you can fit behind a 17" rim is a 13" rotor.

- Evo X rotors are 14" requires 18" rim to clear.
- Evo 5-9 Rotors are 12.5" but cannot be use with CTSV calipers
- CTSV calipers bolt to the DSM knuckle but need 13" Cobra rotors to work. (Fit under 17" rims) Also you machine the mounting tabs on the CTSV caliper to correct the offset to be able to fit cobra rotors.

CutlassJim

Quoting jeverts:
14" EVO rotor with the 17in Evo 8 enkei wheels. It will fit, the calipers are identical to the evo brembos.

I believe one or both of the pistons is 2mm smaller. like 44/42 vs 42/40 or something like that. FWIW my 13" cobra rotors with 3KGT calipers fit my 17's with room to spare.

EDIT: Actually not that much room to spare. I don't see fitting a 14" rotor in there. Maybe a 13.250-13.375"

Last edited:

jeverts

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I will get the cobra rotors. I really don't want to go with a 18" wheel on my galant. It's to big of a wheel IMO on these cars.

CutlassJim

In all honesty even the 13" rotor is probably overkill. I built a car for another member and used the 2G 3KGT rotors with matching calipers and the thing stopped like woah. To try to maintain balance I used bitey pads on the back and normal ceramics on front and it still locked up the fronts first.

ApexHunter

Depends on what you're doing with it. On a road course, a ~3200 lb car will want every square inch of that 13" rotor to use as a heat sink.

minneSNOWta

Yup! What kind of shenanigans were you up to at SM? Hoping they can get my car into the shop soon. I'll have to stop by your place once it gets going before I make the trip back up north.

Interesting caliper choice. I thought you were going with 3KGT brakes at one point.

jeverts

I was meeting with Jon the engineer that rents out some of that shop. I was thinking of 3kgt but I figured I would spend a couple more bucks and get some really nice brake setup on the car.

CutlassJim

You talking sh*t about the 3KGT calipers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

transparentdsm

any update on the caliper brackets?? i only ask because i made a mistake when i ordered my rotors for the 5 lug conversion and i ended up getting the single piston caliper rotors not the dual, now i need to buy more parts. if im buying more parts i might as well just upgrade them now.

jeverts

I am going to try to get to it this weekend. I am going to be installing the clutch and try to get the fuel lines in. I still have 4 lug hubs on the car. It might be awhile just because I would like to have the hub installed and wheels on so I can make sure everything is going to clear and I can faro arm the mounting locations.

Mn92gvr4

So i was at map this afternoon visiting your car. Didnt see ya. One of these days you me and minnsnowta are going to have to make all of our cars run and meet up. Btw she looked a little lonely tuck back in the corner.

jeverts

That is it's parking spot. I am just glad they are not making me park it outside. When did you come in? I have been here all day. LOL these cars run. I'm about 75% there. If I would quit coming up with sh*t to machine for it I would probably have it done by now. Just need to make time to work on it.

This is my next project Fuel and brake line mounts

Mn92gvr4

I was there around 4:30 dropping off my head. Convinced jared to take me back to the shop to see if you where there. She looks good. And yes, mine ran for a little bit.

transparentdsm

Quoting 89Patches:
Biggest rotor you can fit behind a 17" rim is a 13" rotor.
- CTSV calipers bolt to the DSM knuckle but need 13" Cobra rotors to work. (Fit under 17" rims) Also you machine the mounting tabs on the CTSV caliper to correct the offset to be able to fit cobra rotors.

hey, have you gotten around to ordering the calipers yet and does this hold any water? im thinking about ordering them soon.

jeverts

I am trading labor for the calipers I am hoping I can do that over thanksgiving. But the calipers are at the shop I just need to get the lug conversion done and get rotors ordered.

jeverts

Haven't posted progress in a while. Got the turbo in manifold ported started on the fuel lines. Probably going to be ordering a TB this week and then I can finish up the pipeing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned