The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

thomcasey's rescue of #1025 build

bobbybdemented

Quoting thomcasey:
Finally got around to putting the front passenger door replacement on. Unfortunately, I had to do some modifications at the mount points (top body hinge mount and both door hinge mounts) with washers to get the rear door pushed far enough back to allow it to be opened with the front door closed and to align them. I have never seen so much difference between doors from the same year and model of car. But the work was worth it. Now the doors shut like a vault and the gaps are much cleaner than before. Now I just need the rest of the windows tinted, plus some paint and body work on the right rear QP, roof and hood.

Looks like your frame is bent. Door dose not line up. You should take it to a body shop or find a better donor car...

thomcasey

Frame is good, already had it checked.

thomcasey

Gretchen is back to 4-lug.

thomcasey

1025/2000 is officially back on the road with all of the drivetrain from 100/2000. Now the disassembly of 148/1000 starts to ready for a little frame straightening and welding.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned