The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

update 4/21 parts rolling in time to build 416/2000 up

THEKID

I bought the 91 gvr-4 #416/2000 back in june of 08. drove it for 2 weeks then tore it apart. what seems like an eternity later i am almost ready to put it together. here is build sheet of all the parts going in to her(i am sure i am forgetting a few things to list). let me know what you think.

block

- bored .020 over/decked/alighn honed
-eagle 88mm crank
-eagle h-beam rods
-weisco 9:1 compression pistons
-acl alumaglide rod & main bearings
-new oil squirters/bolts
-arp main studs
-arp crank bolt
-new oe rear main seal houseing
-new oe frontcover with oil pump
-new oil filter houseing
-new oe water pump
-ati dampiner pulley
-unorthodox water pump pulley
-stainless bolts for front cover, rear main houseing, water pump, oil filter houseing, oil pan,

head

-decked/port&polish 5 angle valve job
-si stainless valves
-si spring seats
-ferrrea valve stem seals
-bc springs & retainers
-ferrea valve keepers
-bc 272/272 cams
-fidanza adjustable cam gears
-arp head studs
-sbr heat barrier intake manifold gasket
-sbr 4 layer exhaust manifold gasket
-mls headgasket
-arp head studs
-stainless valve cover bolts

drivetrain

-dogbox racing 1g trans w 4 spider center diff and evo 3rd and 4thgaers
-three speed scatter shield
-act flywheel
-act 2600 clutch kit w street/strip disc
-new oe shifter cables
-tel shifter
-new oe master & slave cylinders
-stainless clutch line
-driveshaft shop driveshaft
-driveshaft shop front and rear axles
-4 bolt lsd rear diff

engine bay

-150 amp alternator
-honda civic aluminum radiator
-money green powder coating all motor mounts,ac bracket,power steerring bracket,valve cover
-all vacume lines,hoses,and couplers samco sport green
-greddy oil catch can
-jm fab coolant overflow catch can
-wire tuck
-fuse box relocation

exhaust / turbo / intake

-dnp tubular header / coater with jet hot 2000 coating
-bullseye performance 50-trim bolt on / coater with jet hot 2000 coating
-sbr stainless o2 houseing with tial 38mm external wastegate and dump tube / coater with jet hot 2000 coating
-cmp 3" stainless exhaust with test pipe and dual tip muffler
-tuner nation urethane exhaust hagers
-ets intercooler with stainless pipes and tial 50mm bov
-1g ported 65mm throttle body
-magnus street intake manifold

fuel / management / monitoring

-stainless line -8 from tank to filter
-fuel lab fuel filter
-stainless line -8 from filter to rail
-fic fuel rail
-fic 760cc injectors
-stainless line from rail to regulator
-fuel lab adjustable pressure regulator
-stainless line from regulator to return
-aem ems
-m$w cdi wired to fire sequential
-aem 3.5 bar map sensor
-gm iat sensor
-autometer gs boost guge
-autometer gs fuel pressure gauge
-autometer gs oil pressuer gauge
-autometer gs water temp gauge
-autometer gs volts gauge
-autometer gs egt gauge
-autometer gs wideband air/fuel gauge

brakes / suspension / steering

-4ws removed
-1g steering rack
-hotbits dt1 coilovers
-1g 5 lug conversion
-1g baer front big brake kit
-1g rear drilled slotted rotors
-1g rear calipers w hawk pads
-suspension tech 21mm rear 19mm front sway bars
-stainless brake lines
-abs deleted
-prothane eurathane motor, subframe, controll arm, track arm, tie rod end mounts and bushings
-energy suspension front & rear sway bar end links
-tuner nation rear subframe, mustache brace mounts

body

-amg smooth sides
-amg wing
-jdm front bumper
-jdm rear bumper
-jdm rs carbon fiber hood
-carbon fiber trunk lid
-rs projector fog lights
-93 glass headlights w running lights
-92 vr-4 tail lights
-1 set bixenon hid's hi/low beam 6000k white
-1 set h1 auxilary hid's 3000k green
-1 set h3 hid's 3000k green
-all bulbs replaced with led's (tail, parking, turn, daytime running, reverse)
-jdm power fold mirrors
-all badges shaved
-shaved antenna & trunk key
-all 4 door handles shaved
-painted custom metalic green
interior

-manual seat belt conversion
-black and green 2 tone seats
-suede head liner
-suede a'b'c pillars
-new black carpet
-vr-4 floor mats

audio / video / security

-drive soft in car computer
-2 memphis bell amps
-8 o2 audio 6.5" loud speakers
-8 o2 bullet tweeters
-3 12" kicker solo baric L5 subs
-2 7" sun visor onitors
-2 7" head rest moitors
-1 10" touch screen monitor
-2 10" monitors
-python 990 alarm/remote start
-2 530t window automation units
-4 autoloc door popper acuators

Last edited:

1941Galant

Dude, not everyone is trying to make their car go as fast as it can with as little money as possible (the DSM way). I'm pretty happy that he is basically restoring the car, and improving it as well. OP, do you have any recent pics of the build?

Hill

Kenny_Kline

A list like this is going to cost $50,000+ to put together. Alumiglide bearings wont last more than a year on the street. He is building a car to make 800hp but then picks other parts that will never exceed 300hp. The whole setup is just all wrong. This list isnt even close to being practicle what so ever. Its like he went to extreme, sbr, jnz and just picked all the most expensive parts.. no knowledge behind this parts list and the time it will take to correct it, its not even worth because he is just window shopping anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

Looks like one box showed up to your house by mistake. Please box up the amg sides and ship to TN. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
Alumiglide bearings wont last more than a year on the street.

Not true. I have built more that a few 4gs with alumiglide bearings. One of my old 95piston/90rod motor. That Motor lasted me almost 8 years. In that 8 years I beat the sh*t out of it, With one whole season of low 11s passes.

Last edited:

THEKID

actually its not even close to $50,000 so your wrong there it's actually alot less. it's not window shopping i actually have almost everything listed. and unlike some members on this board im not a baller on a budget i dont look for the cheap way out. no used parts here. if you cant afford to do it rite why bother at all thats how i look at it. this aint no honda. i actually take pride in my car. it seems to me like some members of this board are worried about all the wrong things with their own cars. trying to make it fast when it looks like crap.doing half ass work and using shitty parts.to me it seems like alot of haters on here. but thanks to 1941Galant and Brianawd for the support

Last edited:

The Kid, I would probably rethink the Eagle crank. There is a local shop that is tied to a pro drag racing team that has had lots of problems with these cranks. Apparently there is a flaw in the design that traps oil in the journals and doesn't allow oil to make it to the rod bearings over 7500-8000 RPMs. I would get a NIB 4g63 crank if you can find one. They are proven to make tons of power, and not have any issues at all.

Quoting THEKID:

-unorthodox water pump pulley

are these smaller or bigger than oem? I dont see a advantage of one over a plain jane oem pump pulley.

THEKID

pulley got damaged needed a new one

Quoting krkline2gdsm:
A list like this is going to cost $50,000+ to put together. Alumiglide bearings wont last more than a year on the street. He is building a car to make 800hp but then picks other parts that will never exceed 300hp. The whole setup is just all wrong. This list isnt even close to being practicle what so ever. Its like he went to extreme, sbr, jnz and just picked all the most expensive parts.. no knowledge behind this parts list and the time it will take to correct it, its not even worth because he is just window shopping anyways.

Why are you being such a hater? Looks like a great setup. Name one part he listed that "will never exceed 300hp".

THEKID

thanks jesse btw thanks for the intercooler

CarRacer

That's quite the list. Should be a very cool car once it is finished. It's going to take a metric sh*t ton of time and effort to complete that, but you already knew that.

My only concerns would be the emphasis on green, but that's just personal taste. I also question the headrest displays. That's also personal preference, I was never into car stereo stuff.

Good luck, take lots of pictures documenting your build. Share the fruits of your labor with the rest of us.

mountaineerjeff

sounds great, I hope to have mine similiar, sometime.
(baller on budget,lol)

THEKID

the reason for all the flashy stuff is this car will be going to allot of shows. and every thing counts towards your points when they are judging the car. i have been in the show scene for may years ad have built allot of daily driver show cars. its just what i like doing.but thanks to all for the support.

THEKID

Quoting krkline2gdsm:
all wrong.... just all wrong. I make the car faster with half those parts and half the money you would spend.

Quoting 1941Galant:
Dude, not everyone is trying to make their car go as fast as it can with as little money as possible (the DSM way).

Hill

1941Galant thanks for understanding
krkline2gdsm i guess we know why dsm's have such a bad rep for being s#!t boxes like honda.

THEKID

no not all hondas there are some nice ones out there.but they do have a bad rep cause people buy them stick some fart can exhaust and stickers on it ant think its a hot car. meanwhile it falling apart while they drive it.
a prime example of a show honda heres one i built many years age it won several big compitions includeing funk flex nopi hin and many others

it is a 1995 acura integra
fully built ls v-tec turbo itrous
black and white leather iterior
acura cl headlights
honda s2000 tail lights
acura nsx side cuts
shaved handles
lambo doors
lanex windows
ect,ect,ect...
this car had well over $75,000 in to it and it was no trailer queen it was driven to every show/event

the point is everybody has their own likes and dislikes. but there is no need to just poke your head in spit out a few stupid comments then sit back and laugh. while arguments stir up.if you dont have anything constructive or helpful to say then thanks for coming out and have a nice day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kenny_Kline

I just think your over doing/spending and for what you want to accomplish can be done with half those parts.

BTW, I know alot of POS civics that are falling apart that make 400whp reliably every day. Its rather humorous.

Kenny_Kline

To break down your first section:

-bored .020 over/decked/alighn honed - Why .020?? How do you know you dont need more?
-eagle 88mm crank - ???
-eagle h-beam rods
-weisco 9:1 compression pistons
-acl alumaglide rod & main bearings - trimetal bearings please?
-new oil squirters/bolts- whats wrong with the originals?
-arp main studs -
-arp crank bolt
-new oe rear main seal housing
-new oe front cover with oil pump - whats wrong with the original?
-new oil filter housing - whats wrong with the original assuming its a 90 style
-new oe water pump
-ati damper pulley - WASTE!!!!
-unorthodox water pump pulley - WASTE!!!
-stainless bolts for front cover, rear main houseing, water pump, oil filter houseing, oil pan, - stainless bolts do not expand at the same rate as the rest of your motor... ISSUES!

1. Its housing, not houseing. 2. Running an eagle crank.. why not get a girdle too? No timing belt stuff? Why not an electric water pump? SOme parts make it look like your building a rocket ship where as other parts, it contradicts the entire build. You can cut your budget in half without sacrificing reliability. Its not that I give DSM a bad name, its I know what works and what doesn't. But if you want to replace everything, be my guest. Just looks like your buying things to say that you have it. And yes, something like this would cot $50,000+. There would be a few grand in machine work alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned