The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TH3 Lazy arse Australian / New Zealand Picture build thread

RedTwo

Yeah I was thinking about that a bit later, undetectable to the unwitting eye. I think I'll let this one slide /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
It will probably still be the most factory fresh Galant owned by anyone under the age of 70, let alone a VR4! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

VR42LT

If his has been "Touched" then mine has been molested!

Fabrication

dump
img.php

intercooler pipes
img.php

img.php

img.php

RedTwo

One step closer to getting back to road legal!
3 sets of these to keep the car from pogo-ing due to a snapped driveshaft /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Few shots of the revised handbrake linkage - this time the throw is shorter and more effective. Not sure what size the bolts and coupling nuts are but they fit a 10mm spanner, so maybe M6 or M8?

I've cut off another 5-10mm of threads and fitted a spacer nut to the (longer) adjustment bolt. It would be better to cut the extra length from the actuator rod. Photos have come out blurrier than they appeared on the camera :/

I think cutting the rod down to 75mm or even 70mm length (from the far crimping) could be ideal. The movement of the handbrake is now about 30-45* rather than the 80-90*ish it was before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GSX_TC

was that a Vband custom Downpipe?

VR42LT

Mate if this was a race im last for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes that is a Vband dump

GSX_TC

sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedTwo

Got the car all certified and went for a warrant, expecting to fly through because there was nothing wrong in the pre-cert inspection.

I failed because the inspector believes my car was not turbocharged from the factory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif I don't know weather to laugh or cry.

ozyvr4

My new ride, I bought this of a mate.

1990 E38 RS. I had the job of modifing this car 18 months ago , so I knew it would a good buy for the price. It has an EVO3 turbo , manifold & dump. 3" exhaust with high flow cat Varex muffler. K-sport coilovers & ingalls rear ams, 660cc injectors with chipped ecu & 2g AFM. Sard AFPR & walbro 255 ( rewired ). 240x550x75 cooler & 2.5" pipes that I made. 2.5" TB elbow. Enkei SC12 17" wheels.I just fitted a LC1 & G4 guage this week & am in the middle of fitting a boost controller. Will play with 15psi this weekend.

This will be the daily and my FP3052 power A-spec will be the weekender.

Some pics.

kama1

Quoting NZ VR4 RS:
while we are doing rims and offsets, had to fit some 15mm spacers on the front to clear the GTO brakes and put some 25mm on the back to even it up, plus getting some more track is a bonus..

lowfront2.JPG

what offset is this?

NZ VR4 RS

16x7.5 46p with a 15mm spacer

kama1

Thankyou!

curtis

I just love this thread..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedTwo

I miss those old white on black number plates
I bet people have fun with the "OLD" state tag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ozyvr4

Yeah it's very cool . At a quick glance it does look like OLD.

So now I own plates GVR40
RSE38

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned